20: The Beta

|Natalie|

That following evening Maxwell and I stayed in one another's company. My head rests in his lap as he goes through paperwork. Sadly it wasn't only us though, Ryder and Thea were here and helping us with the stacks of paper work. Well, they were helping him, I'm not officially Luna yet so I don't have to do shit. The stacks of paperwork contained processing for the challenge and for Desmond as well as my paperwork for all the ceremonies and once I'm placed as Queen. The amount of paperwork for Desmond was unbelievable, but it draws out the guidelines for if anything were to happen.

As for my ceremonies those were small booklets giving instructions on how to preform everything properly. This is obviously helpful into transitioning of power from one ruler to a pair, a King and Queen. It is inspected for some members to rise up and speak out against a new Luna. A rebellion to rise if they don't see their new Luna fit. There will be a larger number of these people speaking out since I am to be their Queen.

I sit up and look towards the door as does the rest of us when their is a knock. In walks a warrior his clothes torn and his face bruised.

"Warrior, what happened," Max asks and jumps up.

"A scout from Desmond's pack came onto the territory. We were able to contain him but obviously without some blood shed," he tells heavily.

Max stands and starts to walk to the warrior. "Why was he?"

"Isn't it obvious," I chime in. "They are either coming to scout out the pack and see how many troops we have to attack or come they came to break him out."

"And that is why she is Luna," Ryder tells. "She has the brains you lack."

Max bares his canines to his Beta and starts towards the door. Sensing his anger we all decide to be one or two steps behind. The anger was just pouring off of him and I knew how bad this. Desmond's Beta was here to break him out of his cell and only he can tell the chaos he would unleash if he got out. It would a world war between the packs because of Desmond and his hunger for power. That worried me, it gave me anxiety that swallowed me alive. I don't want to live in a world with him as King or my mate.

We all trial behind Max, this drew attention as pack members came out of their homes. Curiosity getting the best of them and soon the street was filled with quiet whispers. None of us were too thrilled about this and I was the least amused by this. For him to go pull such a stunt like this is stupid, especially when the royal pack is involved. He knew what he was doing, but he just wanted to attention on him.

We soon arrive at the prison where they now both reside. Both are kept in far apart cells though and guarded. This is so they can't communicate and plan to escape. Even though that's how we should've done it so we can listen into their plans, but no.

"You really are stupider than I thought," Max laughs at a bloody and beaten Desmond.

Desmond shows a bloody grin and shrugs. "Couldn't say I tried," he rasps.

"I should kill you."

"Why don't you," he teases.

"I am a man of my word and I won't be going back on your challenge. As for your beta he will see to a different fate."

"I see."

Max now switches his attention to the beta and walks to that cell. I jump at the sudden slam of the heavy silver door. Max now squats in front of the shackled up beta.

"So you are the idiot that penetrated my boarder security."

A proud smile crosses his face. "I am."

"Idiot. I am your King and you came onto royal territory without permission."

I squeeze my eyes shut when the beta spits in his face and a loud ring echos in the air. "Are you stupid, boy? That is a death wish that I'll be more than happy to grant!"

"Do it, you won't because you are a pussy and don't deserve your title. So show me."

I cringe when I see Max's nails extend and scratch his chest. Ripping skin and blood pooling down the beta.

The Beta chuckles. "You know, your majesty. I am the alpha now. Desmond has no successors. You just declared war!"

~~~

Hi! Sorry about how late this is. I wanted to have it up by my birthday but so much got in the way. Including a little bit of writers block. Lol, so has animal crossing, but here it is!

I hope you all enjoy!

Have a wonderful week and be safe!

~Becca, The Queen Of Beans