Even though she wasn't as bad as most of his classmates, she was a bit air-headed. "Ok, are you done copying down the chart?" he asked, his voice a bit stressed. He didn't talk often besides answering the teacher's questions.

Rapunzel nodded her head, showing him her chart, ready to fill with their results. There was even a happy face at the bottom of the page. "I'll go get the supplies." he said, walking over to the teacher.

...

Rapunzel was basically bouncing up and down with joy by now. She could make a friend and do a lab, all in a single day! She hoped Cass wouldn't mind another person at their table.

Varian seemed like a nice kid, from what she could tell so far. He had short, black hair, with a single blue streak hanging from it. He had sky blue eyes, and was wearing a blank maroon hoodie. He had dark blue jeans, and was also wearing glasses.

This is going to be so fun!

Soon, Varian came back with the minerals, laying them out.

"Ok, let's get started"

---Time skip: rest of class-----

(I was lazy-)

Rapunzel did not expect class to go like that. Apparently, she had a lot to catch up on. She had to learn about the pH table, pH sticks, etc. Basically, the whole class was her just being clueless, while Varian did everything.

Even though class was a bit disappointing, she still made another friend! During class, she asked Varian if he wanted to come to her table. Even though he shrugged, and said he would think about it, she had this gut feeling that he would come.

And her hutch was correct. Varian showed up at their table, sliding his lunch onto the table. "Hi." he muttered, poking at his food. Cassnarda took one look at him, before quickly looking at her, with lines of shock on her face. "Hey, Rapunzel, can I speak to you for a sec?" Cassanrda asked, already pulling her to the side.

"What is it?" Rapunzel asked, curious. "Why- How did you become friends with Varian?" Cassandra asked, obviously confused. Now Rapunzel was confused. Can't people make friends with anyone? "He was my science partner and I asked him to be my friend and come to our table." She replied. "Is there anything wrong with that?"

Cassanrda muttered something under her breath, then looked at her, shaking her head. "Ok, look. Varian is a bit of a loner. He barely talks!" Cassandra explained. "People don't even believe that he has a voice." Rapunzel was kinda mad now. She had heard his voice in science class 1 hour ago. She even heard him laugh!

"Look, Cass I know you want to look out for me, but Varian is not a freak!" She stated, voice slightly rising. Cassandra looked at her, a flash of shock running across her face. But just as fast as the shock came, the shock left. She mumbled something about her name and walked back to the table.

Rapunzel followed, a bit took back from what she just said. She had never raised her voice before. I guess the world is full of surprises...

Even though she was still a bit mad, she really hoped it didn't change anything between her and Cass. She would hate to lose a friend within a week of making one!

"So what did you guys talk about?" Varian asked, looking at the two people sitting down. Cassandra looked alike uncertain on what to say, considering what they had just talked about, but replied with a simple "Stuff."

Varian did not look amused. "Would you mind clarifying said 'stuff'?" "We were just talking about school." Rapunzel quickly explained, telling herself it technically wasn't a lie. Varian still did not look convinced, but (thankfully) he dropped the subject.

"So, let's start with some ice breakers!" Rapunzel exclaimed, glad that the topic was dropped. "Ok, Varian, what's your favorite book?" Varian replied. "Probably the 10th grade chemistry textbook." Cassnarda gave Rapunzel a look that basically spelled out, I told you.

Before Rapunzel could say anything, Cassnadra cut in. "Look kid, I'm not trying to be rude here, but don't you have other places to go?" Cassandra remarked. "Cass, that was a bit uncalled for." Rapunzel nervously laughed, hoping that Cassandra wouldn't make a scene. Thankfully, for all of them, the bell rang, sending students back to their homes.

"So, uh, see you on Monday?" Rapunzel said, a bit sad that they barely nodded. 

Well, I hope they get along better on Monday...

...

Varian quickly got away from the scene he and Cassnarda just caused. Why did he even consider to sit at their table? They had their life, he had his. He wasn't even sure why he even talked to Rapunzel during science. He could have done everything completely on his own, without her. They didn't need to have any type of interaction, let alone conversation!

He walked through the packed hallways that were always clouded with a sense of darkness and sadness. Everyone stuck to their groups and themselves. Unlike him...

Varian was still beating himself up for going to Rapunzel's table. He knew everyone thought of him as a freak. Even the new ones. So why in the world would he agree to go to Rapunzel's table?

He walked through the double doors that introduced new students and haunted old ones. The doors were wide open, with many students exiting. He was in this crowd, still angry at himself for sitting with Rapunzel.

Well, I guess I should sit in the library for lunch again. 

Sorry for not updating last week ;-; 

My brain just kept telling me to add more to the chapter-