She sobbed. Her heart-wrenching cry stabbed at him. He was blinded with rage and the images of just how far that kiss could have possibly gone. Jealousy and possession tipped the scales of his imagination and it toyed with his mind.
Images of her in the throes of passion while she gave her body willingly to Danté. His stomach coiled with repulsion with the thought of her showing the bloodsucker her wings.

Koda growled baring his teeth.

"I'm sorry, " she wept trying to pull away from him.

"Did you fuck him?" he demanded furiously, his voice rising.
"No," she cried shaking her head, her small fists clenching at her sheet.

"Did he mesmerize you some how is that it. Is that why you were unable to fight him off?" He added shaking her.

But before she could answer, he continued.

"Do you have feelings for him?" The rawness and meaning of his question hit her hard that she shook her head vehemently.

"He is my friend, " she whispered innocently between sobs searching his gaze for understanding.

Confusion of what she felt warped her terribly. She loved Maddox but she felt something unknown for Danté. Instead of her explanation soothing him, her words seemed to enrage him more.

"Monsters like him don't have friends, Hannah," he seethed.

She sniffled with a hick-up that tore at him a little but he just as quick kept going.

"He feeds on innocent creatures like you," he shook her.

"No," she gasped and shook her head.

He became angry that his description of Dante somehow affected her.

It wasn't supposed to. A savage violence began to grow within him and with it, he would tear down the naive and innocent image she had of Danté.

His words were too much, too cruel and unforgiving. That is not what she feels when she sees Danté. She pulled away and scrambled off the bed.

"You're lying, none of that is true, " she backed away and blindly ran into the bathroom where he followed her and caught her around the waist before she could shut the door on him, he turned her around to face him then sat her roughly on the counter. Caging her in.

"Your friend as you call him," he paused and held up her chin and continued.
"Hunts innocent and defenseless humans, uses them for his sexual depravity and he drains them dry for sport, " Maddox tightened his arm around her to get her attention.

"No," she shook her head, "I understand that what I did was wrong. Punish me if you must but he does not deserve to be..."

"He deserves to die for what he did. He marked what is mine. He touched what is mine." His eyes immediately changed. Turbulent red bore into her as his fingers fisted through her hair grasping it tightly.

They grappled in each other's hold.

"You're my mate, " he forcefully tightened his hold on her to subdue her struggles until she stopped.

Her tear-filled eyes beseechingly held his.

"I tried calling you, but you didn't answer me. Why?" He pressed his head to hers.

She trembled terribly in his arms. With no answer she closed her eyes. She never answered his call because she had retreated in herself. She was upset and hurt with all that went down that day.

He pushed for answers that she did not have and he asked questions she did not understand. It was overwhelming and too much and like a tightly drawn band, stretched past its limits, she snapped.