It's All About Me

Leslie Rose's Pov

     I couldn't wait for my mom to get back from her trip or wherever she went. I just want to confront her and watch her facial reactions. I should get Rylie to take a picture of it. 

Rylie.

     I still haven't talked to him. I need to, though. He tried to talk to me at school  but I just brushed him off and walked to class. 

School. 

     It sucks so bad. I hate it so much. People coming up to me all the time, pestering me about Kyle. And Kyle just sits there and lets it happen. I just want to know what happened to him. When did our complicated relationship fall apart? Why does he hate me so much? What the hell did I do to that asshole?

     It's because I'm sexy. That's the only reason I can think of. I have too much sexiness and he can't handle it. Kind of like that Destiny's Child song, Bootylicious. Like they said, "I don't think you're  ready for this jelly." Kyle just wasn't ready for it. 

     I should be working on homework but I can't concentrate. I'm so hungry and there's so much food down there. I could go eat but I don't want to. I can't let myself fall into this vicious cycle. I'm trying to stop but I can't do it on my own. 

     I need help but who can I call?

     Kyle? Out of the question. Rylie? I'm giving him the silent treatment. Mom. She's a liar who can go rot in hell. Randall? I just started talking to him. What can I say, 'Hey Randall, I have an eating disorder. Can you pay for a therapist?' Not likely. Simone. I don't talk to her that often anymore. Caleb? I could call him. Yea, he's the one who wanted to help me in the first place. I'll call him. 

          "Hello?"  

     "Hey, Caleb. It's Leslie." 

          "Oh! Hey, Leslie! How've you been?" 

     "Lots of things have happened." 

          "What kinds of things?" 

     "Want to meet me somewhere?" 

* * * 

    I arrived at the park before Caleb did. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to him. I walked faster than usual so I could have some time to collect my thoughts. How would I start?

      "Leslie!" Caleb yelled. I smiled as he ran up to me. He engulfed me in a big, squeezing hug and I squeezed him back. 

      "Caleb, I missed you! Where have you been?" I asked. 

           "No, where have you been, Miss I-got-a-boyfriend-and-didn't-tell-anyone!" He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. 

     I flinched. "You know about that?" 

          "Yes, we all do!" 

     "Are you mad?" I asked. I hoped he wasn't. He didn't sound mad but with Caleb, you'll never know. 

     "I'm not mad. Why would I be?" He gave me a skeptical look. 

          "I just thought-- never mind." 

     "Guess what!" He led me toward the park bench and we sat down. 

          "What?" 

     "I have a girlfriend...." He said slowly, gauging my reaction. 

           "That's great! Who's the lucky girl?" I asked. That's awesome! I wonder what she looks like. I hope I know her so we won't have that awkward first meeting. 

     He looked disappointed. I wonder why. "Simone. I'm dating Simone." 

          I stared at him. "Since when? Why didn't you guys tell me about this?" 

     "We were waiting for you tell us about Rylie. But I guess it slipped your mind." He said coldly. 

          "I'm sorry. So much stuff has been going on lately....." What's up with Caleb? He was fine ten minutes ago. Did I say something? Jesus, I'm doing everything wrong lately. Five silent minutes passed. 

      I gently touched his arm. "Caleb, did I do something?" 

      He hopped up off the bench and glared at me. "Why is everything all about you, Leslie?" 

         "I didn't--" 

     "But it is! You probably invited me here to talk about yourself, right?" 

          "Yes, but-" 

      "And I've tried to help you so many times! I've listened to you! But have you ever done the same?" If looks could kill, I'd be dead already. "No, you haven't!" He added. 

     "I'm sorry." I said quietly. 

          "You're sorry?" He looked confused. 

     "Yes, I'm sorry. I'm not really sure how everything is about me but sorry." 

          "What's that supposed to mean?" 

     "Well, I never like to talk about myself. You always forced me into. Like, when we were talking about my eating disorder at your house. I never brought that topic up. Who did, you might ask? You did, Caleb." 

     He didn't say anything. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Can we talk? I miss you. - Rylie

     "I'm sorry." 

          I started to walk away. "Save it for someone who cares." 

    I left him sitting there like broken little china doll. 

Meet me at my house. Ten minutes. - Leslie 

* * * 

     I walked up my porch steps and stepped in. 

          "You should really keep your door locked. Haven't we been through this before?" Rylie said. 

     "I guess I never learn my lesson." I didn't smile at his lame attempt at a joke. 

          "Leslie, -" 

     "Don't feed me any bullshit. I'm not in the mood. I want answers and I want them now." 

          "I don't know where to start." He looked at the floor. 

     "How about the beginning?" I suggested. He smiled and sat down on the couch. 

          "Okay, it started like this," 

I didn't feel like updated today but one of my teachers told me that my story is too long. So, I'm trying to shorten it and speed it up. I should update more often. Vote, comment, and fan as you please. And Mr.Ciarniello, this isn't the end! 

                                                                                          ,xoxo Heather