Huh?

Leslie Rose's Pov 

     "Hey, where were you yesterday? You ran from the cafeteria and never came back." Rylie asked me as we walked home the next day. School today was filled with whispers and dirty looks surrounding yesterday's events. I was stopped in the hallway at least ten times. Students and teachers wanted to know what happened. I just shrugged and walked away. Kyle never even looked in my direction.

       "After all that crap happened I went home with my friend Caleb. He needed to talk to me about some things." I told him. Caleb has been acting kind of different lately. He's more touchy - feely now. And he tells me everyday that he loves me. I kind of wish things would go back to the way they were before. I feel like he likes me. You know, more than a friend. I don't like him like that. I mean, I could learn to because he's a great guy, but right now...I feel nothing romantic towards him. Besides, I like Rylie to a certain extent. 

     "Ohh..Something to talk about." He waggled his eyebrows. Typical for a guy to immediately think that. 

I flicked his head. "No idiot. We really talked." I said. 

     "Are you and him...together?" He asked shyly as he rubbed his forehead. 

       "No. He's just a really good friend. I have no feelings for him whatsoever." I assured him. I didn't want Rylie to think that I was with someone. I really liked him and I wanted to try something with him. You know, see if we could work. Even though he doesn't want me to like him, I already do. 

     "Okay, that's good." He visibly relaxed. 

       "Why is that a good thing?" I inquired. 

     "Well, I kind of wanted to ask you something...." He trailed off. 

       "Ask me what?" 

     "Well, did you want to do something sometime? You know, together?" He looked down, blushing. Aw, that's cute. 

       "You mean like a date?" He nodded. He wants to take me out on a date? "Sure! I'll go on a date with you!" 

     "Huh?" He looked confused. "Are you lying to me?" 

       "Why would I lie to you?" I looked at him, trying to figure him out. "Has someone lied to you about a date before?" 

     "Has someone lied to you about a date before?" He said back. This boy never answers my questions. 

       "Never mind. When?" I asked. 

     "How about tomorrow? Around seven?" He said. 

       "That's cool. What should I wear?" I asked. I didn't want to get all dressy and we do something active. I didn't want to dress casual and we're going to a fancy restaurant. 

     "Uh..dress casual." He answered. 

       "Are you sure?" 

     "Yep. Anything you wear you'll look great in. Don't get all dressy for me." He said smiling. He's so sweet. 

       "Okay. Well then I'll see you tomorrow." I said. We had arrived at my house. He waved at me and I waved back. I walked upstairs and plopped down on my bed. 

I have a date with a hot mysterious boy who never answers my questions. 

___________________________________

I feel like this chapter was rubbish. But it's two in the morning. I had to give you something. This is just a filler chapter. The next chapter is the date so be excited for that. Vote, comment, and fan as you please. 

                                                                           ,xoxo Heather