Chapter 35

Tw: police brutality.
Note: this is about the protests that are going on in America for black rights. I wrote some stuff on this on my conversation part of my profile. Please read it

Protest in New York

"We want rights! We will protest for as long as it takes until we get them!" The starter of the peaceful protest yelled at the cops standing guard in front of them.

"Hands up! Don't shoot!" The crowd rallied behind the leader. People of all ethnicities held signs and materials for everyone there.

Peter came to the protest when Morticia told him of it. It was for black people rights. He came to help them when the cops attacked them. And they were - it wouldn't be a protest without violence.

Most of the protesters wore masks, hats, baggy clothing, and swimwear goggles. They hopefully covered up any obvious marks that government officials could identify. Peter didn't bring any weapons for he didn't want to start any violence. He tried to weed out the undercover cops that were in the protests to blame the people who peacefully protested.

"Run! Tear gas!" The protesters scattered away from the gas can and covered their mouths. Running to the can, he grabbed the can and threw it into the crowd of cops. Peter was glad he wore heat resistance gloves for this. He ran back to the people who unluckily got affected by the gas to try to help them all the while keeping track of the police.

A few of the police officers went to the left of where everything was happening from a nod of the leading officers. Immediately leaving the person who he was helping (not without getting someone to help him), Peter left to blend in where the bastards were leaving.

Seeing their fingers drift to the trigger of the gun they were holding, he yelled, "They're gonna shoot!" Seconds after he yelled, the police shot rubber bullets at them. Not for the first time he was glad he had quick healing as he shielded teens while they ran. He noticed Allo was one of the teens who were holding hands with a black girl, trying to shield her as they ran.

Taking ahold of the twos shoulders, he guided them somewhere where they could hide. "Mr. Lyson?" Allo asked when they got a good look on his face.

"The one and only." He responded to the blue-hair person. Glancing at the officers from their spot, he said, "We should probably move if we don't want to be attacked." Allo and the other girl nodded and followed the man to get farther away from the violence.

"Thank you... Mr. Lyson, is it?" At his nod, she continued, "My name is Caniya, it's nice to meet you. But, um we should probably get out of here. We wanted this to be a peaceful protest but, once again, cops had to be bastards. So, thank you for helping Allo and I." With that, the two left to leave.

Peter kept an eye on them as he moved around to help the other people staying. An earsplitting shriek filled the air and Peter rushed to find who it was, careful of who was around. Seeing a young child bawl in pain from the mace that invaded their eyes, he growled. He'd take care of the officers later, but now - the child.

"Hey, you're going to be fine. I'm going to get someone to help, okay?" At the young boy's nod, he ran off to the numerous but closest person with water and told them what happened. They followed along with people who overheard him. The person talked to the child and let him know what they were going to do. Peter held the child's hand and lightly gripped his shoulder to help keep him in place. He heard protesters that were around the child when he got sprayed, get in the cops face along with the others who followed Peter.

He and a few others circled the child and brought him away from the attackers. They would have to get him to one of his relatives. Finally looking at the child he had helped, he saw that the young boy was barely ten. The boy was mixed, beautiful brown eyes, and puffy black hair.

"Do you know where your parents are? Or siblings?" A black girl asked, as she squatted to the kids level. The boy nodded his head and pointed back to where he was maced. "Are they back there where the cops were?" Nod. "Are they hurt?" The boy shook his head. "Ok... did they go into an alley?" Nod. "Were they forced in there by the cops?" Nod.

Peter kneeled to the scared boy and asked, "Did cops go into the alley your family is in?" The boy hesitantly nodded his head and broke out into sobs. He asked the girl squatting, "Can you look after him? I'm going to go get his family." Quickly the girl agreed and pulled the boy into a hug, sitting on the ground with other white allies protecting them. He quickly ran back to where the young boy was and peeked into the only alley there.

What he saw disgusted him - a white cop beating on a middle aged black man. He brought out his phone (which didn't have cellular data on) and started recording.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He yelled, catching the attention of the protesters that were still around. They quickly peered into it and took out their phones as well.

The cop hurriedly stopped what he was doing and brought out his gun. Reacting quickly, he reached for a trash can lid and made it act like a shield. Others reached for a lid and protected themselves. People behind them screamed at the shoots being fired.

Peter threw the shield at a wall besides the asshole to startle him and quickly rushed forwards to knock him out. A simple punch to the head did the trick. Kneeling down to the badly injured man he assured him, "Your son is safe - others are protecting him. I promise you that you will see him again."

He would save the father, no matter what it took.

Edit: A/N Hey loves. I'm using my platform on here to speak up about the abuse that people of color go through. As I said above, I spoke about it on my profile on the conversation side. Do what you can to help them - this is how I'm helping them since I can't help much where I live(I live with conservatives). But happy pride month! I might be panromantic so I'll celebrate what with I can on the day for us. Try to be safe if you do go to any protests and don't go to Minneapolis' protest - I heard that they're allowed to use lethal forces like guns. Love you guys.