The Choosen Magician

On the day the royal summon takes place,the Imperial City gates was flooded with humans in variety of colours.The safety of the palace was tight and strict and only people who has the invitation with the legit imperial crest is allowed to step into the area behind the golden gates that guard the Imperial City.

Even with the safety restrictions,there are people who tried their luck to enter the palace grounds with invitations with faux seal and those who claimed to be better healers than mere magicians.Those people was harshly guided out and in worst case scenario,kicked out from the imperial grounds.

It was estimated to be hundreds of magicians that came to the capital for the royal summon and only one are allowed to have an audience with the sick Emperor.So,all of the magicians that came to the capital will be tested by the magicians of the Black Tower.

In all honesty,they think that the elite magicians of the empire simply wanted to prove that no other magicians can be superior to them.Their pride was shattered to pieces when the princess deemed them not capable enough and had to seek help from other magicians.So,they are determined to prove that they are the best among the best.

There are five level of tests and as time move along,several hundred magicians have exited the palace grounds with a disappointed looks on their faces.The official royal magicians have smug smiles on their faces as they send those magicians home one by one.

And stood in the middle of it,Arius and Emrys patiently waited for their turn.Both of them only changed their blue jewel eyes to red and maintain their platinum blonde and black hair respectively.The knights were startled to see two magicians so young and doubted their identities before they saw their legit invitation letter.

Coincidentally,Emrys was required to face off the arrogant magicians first.A few minutes later,the black-haired twin exit the gates with a blank look.When he spotted his twin, however,he gave a sly smirk and wiggled his eyebrows mischievously before heading off.Delightedly whistling a happy tune and Arius felt his nerves popped in his temples.

'This guy purposely flunked his test,isn't he?'

When the time comes for his turn,the blonde takes a deep breath.Don't get him wrong.He is not nervous in the slightest.He's preparing himself to be exceptionally patient to endure the arrogance of these so-called elite wizards.He has faced his father,the most arrogant magician of all times,as long as he can remember.He can definitely do this.

Might as well make his unwanted trip to the capital worth his time and money.

Later,those best magicians of the empire could only gaped at the young blonde magician who displayed his superior prowess in each test.Each one was considerably harder than the one before.He even outmatched the chief of the magicians in a mock battle,who has been supervising the tryout and has taken an interest to challenge the teenager in order to gouge his abilities.

It went without saying that the name of Arius Glemt was etched and burned to the minds of the prideful magicians of the Black Tower that day.As a young prodigal genius magician in the last 200 years since the Emperor Aeternithas' reign.The blonde has made an impressive impression to all of them.

Arius?

He simply ignored the awe and respect looks he gathered from the royal magicians as the inner palace gates finally allowed his entry into its grounds.The sight of the majestic gates opening is enough to make him hurl his insides on the marble pavements as he knows that no cheesy fairytales will be waiting for him.

It was simply a nightmare in a haunted house disguised in a form of luxurious walls.

***

Athanasia was doing the laundry outside her house when a tiny snowy owl perched on her shoulder.