8

It has been a long four years since Yukina had left her home to the Heart Kingdom. She had fun there; she met with the queen and the future queen of the kingdom. She went through many hardships and frustrations with her magic, but in the end, she pulled through.

Today, Yukina is finally coming back to Clover Kingdom after the strenuous training she had endured with the Spirit Guardians -- Heart Kingdom's equivalent to Clover Kingdom's Magic Knight captains.

As Yukina had stepped through the spatial space that connected the two kingdoms with her luggage, she was brought into an instant hug from her father.

"My little girl is finally back!" Julius' endless rivers of tears were falling.
Yukina laughed and hugged him back tightly, "Yes, papa. I'm back." She pulled back to see her father was still crying. "It's crazy to think you missed me this much when we talked everyday." A soft smile spreading across her face. "I even come over during the holidays!"
"I can see you don't miss me at all!!!" Julius continued to wail. "Life was boring without you here! So much cool magic for you to see in person but you were busy!!!"
"The same goes to you. If only you weren't busy being the Wizard King that you could have seen the same magic I saw." Yukina chuckled lightly. She turned her attention to her father's advisor. "Hi Marx." She smiled as her arms were still around her father, "Thanks for taking care of papa while I was away. I bet it wasn't easy."
"It wasn't." Marx looked at her with an exhausted expression.

Yukina and Julius had already planned to spend all day together. From eating all three meals together, to eating the snacks from street vendors that lined the Royal City streets, to shopping. Marx agreed to let the Wizard King have a day off today, ONLY if the Wizard King promised to do all of his paperwork on time without running off for a month. It was hard for Julius as he could imagine all the cool magic he was missing, but he would do anything just to spend some time with his little girl again.

The sun was setting so the father and daughter agreed that it was time to retire. As the two arrived back at the Novachrono household, the maids and butlers came out to welcome their young lady back home. Yukina was happy to see everyone was healthy and brought out the gifts.

The next day, Yukina headed over to the Golden Dawn Headquarters. From one of the many calls she had with their captain, they made a map together of their headquarters so she would be able to find her way if William was never there. She was following the map trying to find his office. But to no avail, she was lost in the corridors.

"Yukina?"

Her bright eyes looked up towards the owner's voice to see a figure standing at the end of the corridor. Her lips quickly turned into a wide grin when she saw the familiar shiny golden mask. She started walking up to the figure but soon it quickened into a jog, then a run.

"William!"

Her laughter was heard all around as she leaped into the arms of her dear friend. William was caught by surprise and instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist. Her eyes shining brightly with the matching smile dazzled William. He couldn't believe that this was the same person who left four years ago to the Heart Kingdom.

"You're staring a bit too much, aren't you?" Yukina asked with a sly smile. Behind his mask he could feel warmth coming up to his cheeks. He cleared his throat while also dropping her legs so she could land safely on her feet.
"I almost didn't recognize you."
"My hair grew longer!" Yukina ran her fingers through her hair.
"That's.... not the only thing that changed."

Yukina watched as his eyes were glancing at her but also avoided her every so often. She tilted her head to show that she was rather confused on what he was trying to imply. William let out a cough when he could feel the heat transferring to his ears, making a dead giveaway to Yukina if she paid attention.