6

For a week straight, Julius and Yukina were on a strict diet. You may wonder why they were on this diet? Well, my friends, the answer is this: the debutante ball was coming soon!

"Papa!" Yukina whined as she flopped her belly on the couch in her father's office at the Magic Palace. "Please feed me for god's sake!"
"Yukina," Julius sniffled, "I wish for the same thing but somehow Alfred knows the chefs here."

The two cried in unison as their stomachs growled for food.

"Why must I be tortured for this?!" Yukina laid on her back, her brown hair flowing off the arm of the couch.
"At least you only need to do it once!" Julius slouched in his chair against his big desk. "I have to do it every year that I'm Wizard King." He grumbled.

Marx came in with a stack of paperwork for the Wizard King but his facial expression went bleak when he saw the daughter and father duo whining for food. He slowly and quietly closed the door so he wouldn't get caught up in their troubles.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Alright, everyone." Alfred started his speech. The maids and butlers were lined up so they could hear the speeches from both Anna and Alfred, the head maid and butler for the Novachrono household.
"Today is the day!"
"We mustn't forget our plans today." Anna continued. "We planned diligently for a week so please follow your roles."
"Yes!"

The workers all saluted and went to their battle stations.

Alfred and Anna both went to their respective station with their employees.

"Ready?" They both looked over their shoulders. The employees nodded with determination. The two heads looked at their watches and saw the minute hand ticked; indicating it was eight in the morning.

"Let's go!"

"Mm?" Yukina was stirring in her sleep. "Anna? Why are you here so early?!" The end of her sentence went into a shriek as the maids bundled her up in a blanket burrito and quickly took her to the baths to get her body ready. "Shouldn't I be eating?!" Yukina screeched as the maids quicken their steps.

On the way to the baths, she saw her father in a blanket burrito as well. His face was exhausted as the butlers were carrying him to his bath.

"We don't have much time!" Alfred shouted as he was leading the butlers.
"Yukina, we have to make you the most beautiful lady at the debutante ball!"

At the mention of the ball, Julius and Yukina simultaneously whined as their stomach grumbles.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Finally!" Yukina took a bite from her apple as she was walking down towards the foyer of the manor. "They put this dumb corset on so tight I don't think I'll be able to eat anything tonight!" Small tears formed at the corner of her eyes as she walked down the stairs.
"You're only eating now, too?"

Yukina turned to the right to see her father coming out from the waiting room. Her mouth was gaping open by how different he looked.

"Is it that bad?!" Worry was evident in his voice. It was his first time going to the debutante ball, especially as the Wizard King, so he wanted to look extra nice tonight.
"Oh my, no papa! You look so handsome!" Yukina giggled as she ran over to give her father a hug. "My, is this the reason why mother fell in love with you?" Her eyes gleaming.
Julius chuckled nervously as he was embarrassed by his daughter's remarks. "If that was the only reason your mom liked about me, then the relationship wouldn't have lasted long."
Yukina took another bite into her apple as Julius was finishing his. "Oh man, that preparation for this thing is intense!" Julius slouched from exhaustion. "I am not going to look forward to this in the later years."
Yukina giggles with her closed crescent shaped eyes. "If you'd want, I can join you every year."
"That would be fantastic." Julius gave her a soft smile as both the daughter and father gave their apple cores to Alfred to take care of. Which... is kind of gross.