Chapter 43

He shot forwards to Shigaraki, low to the ground as flames engulfed his being

He shot forwards to Shigaraki, low to the ground as flames engulfed his being. His mouth parted and he jumped to avoid a hand directed at him, slashing his claws against the left side of the villain's face.

Big lips tried to attack him while he was occupied with Shigaraki, earning a swift kick. The blue haired male gripped Izuku's other leg, disintegrating his flesh. At a spash, the male lets go and he launches himself into the sky.

He would've gone for another strike if he wasn't pulled back to the ground by the lizard. But he was knocked from the grip at a series of strikes that came from All Might and All For One.

Lashing out against the villain and striking his head against the ground to knock him out was the easiest thing he could do. He was knocked unconscious, and his body was pulled back by Toga.

The fight kept getting interrupted by the fight between the two powerhouses, and Bakugou as well as Hitoshi tried to help Izuku despite his wish for them to leave.

He waved his hand and the flames launched themselves towards the group of villains, only to be countered by blue flames. His skin becomes singed, and he still didn't want to put all his strength into this fight, worrying for his friends near him.

What surprised him was when an ice ramp was created, and three bodies were launched through the air. "Bakugou! Shinsou! Midoriya!" Shouted the voice of Kirishima, the resident sunshine child.

Izuku turned to Bakugou, "go!" He shouted and grabbed onto Hitoshi, flying up to throw him. The look in the male's eyes as he threw him to their rescuers was pained, like he didn't want to leave the winged teen.

Izuku seemed to make the right decision, Bakugou flying past him with explosions as something struck one of his wings. A surprised sound left his lips as that wings ceased to work properly. It was his upper right one. Damn.

He started to fall, unable to pull his weight along with one of the larger wings out of commission. His body spun as he desperately flapped his working ones, seeing as that didn't work, he spread them out to glide down.

The glide down was wobbly and he landed in a heap of limbs and feathers, tumbling to the ground. Footsteps tried to approach him, and he retaliated with a massive wave of fire.

A shout of surprise alerted him that he shot in the right direction. "Izuku" was called out by a familiar voice, and he made the flames dampen. He might've attacked someone he knew, great.

His head lifted and landed Aizawa, wasn't he at the meeting? Or was it prerecorded or something the day before. Slowly, he pushed himself up, wincing at the pain throbbing in his wing.

"Sorry Aizawa"

A relieved smile found itself on the underground hero's face, and he inched closer. What he noticed first was the state of Izuku's clothes, bloodied and destroyed. The kid's skin was burnt on his arms and sing marks were everywhere. Then was the new abundance of scars present, much more than the last time he saw him. And the suggestion of why angered the male.

He crouched down and helped the teen to his feet, "let's get out of here and get you to a hospital" at the mention of a hospital, his body tensed.

"Can we just go to Recovery Girl?" He asked, gaze falling to the side in some sort of embarrassment.

A sigh left the adult's lips, "whatever is most comfortable for you problem child" his voice was soft, soothing the teen as he leaned into the male more for some comfort.

He was trying to keep his mind from falling to his dark place, keeping good thoughts at the moment. Telling Aizawa about it later was something that he tried to remind himself to do. Wouldn't want it getting worse and have another attempt at his life because of it.

Instead of arriving at the ambulances on standby, he was lead to a black four wheeled sedan. He was offered the back seat, seeing as someone was in the driver's seat and Aizawa took the passenger's seat.

His eyes locked on the driver once he sat, and was surprised that it was Tsukauchi.

"Hey kid" greeted the detective as he started the car and they began to move. A "hm" left his mouth at the greeting, shifting his injured wing in a more comfortable spot so it didn't get injured more than it already had.

The ride was silent, filled with the sound of radio traffic from the radio. The dispather's voice was the most prominent in the dull chatter, directing units in the area of the fight between All Might and All For One to help with rescue operations.

They made it to UA in no time, but his treatment would be delayed, seeing as Recovery Girl was still out there and assisting with injured civilians and heroes. So he'd have to wait.

He was taken to the nurses office with Tsukauchi leaving them to continue some work. That left only him and Aizawa, and he was glad that he was comfortable with the male, or he would've been on edge the whole time.

Slowly he laid himself down on one of the beds. Exhaustion clouded him, overusing his quirk could do that to him, and his body trying to stitch up his wounds swiftly. He wanted to sleep.

So he obliged and let unconsciousness overcome him, ignoring the worried look from the hobo-hero. His dreams were plagued with vivid nightmares, not like he woke up from them.
_______________

Published: Oct. 12, 2020

A shitty chapter in my opinion. But it's something, so I won't complain, hope it didn't bother you guys.