Chapter 5

Days become weeks until weeks become months,

that's how long you've been chasing after Burr. Well it's not like there's anything new about that. But you never once did give up, always staying by his side despite all the cold look and harsh words.

You know that he doesn't mean it, he just means well. Observing, it seemed to annoy Burr how persistent and consistent you are though he cannot deny the fact that there's warmth every time he sees you. His eyes softening ever so slightly until he realizes, then it goes back to being cold. The thought of pushing you away doesn't sit well with him but he's aware that it's necessary. He pledged to himself that he will always remain loyal to his wife, with or without her in the present. In all honesty he tried to think life with you being his wife but it always leaves a bitter taste in his tongue. As if loving another woman besides his deceased wife is an act of hypocrisy to the promises of his vows on their wedding day. He just can't.

And you knew, still you love him. With a look that always show care and understanding. You know him better than he does to you, basically reading all the insecurities in his gestures and facial expression. His love for Theodosia is as deep as your love for him and that's why you can empathize. Acting patiently and slow to let him realize that his wife wouldn't want him to be alone. Without words you assured him, that no matter how long it takes. You are willing to wait for it. Your affections basically running deep in your blood that it seemed something natural when people witness the two of you together. Your love and longing visibly apparent.

And you're not afraid to show him just that.

~•~

Din't forget to vote please thank you ♥️