Chapter 11: Saving Yui and (Y/N)

"Yes, that's right." Cordelia laughed while she was sitting on the couch with Richter who sat not far from her as you stood on Cordelia's left. She smirked while holding on to a glass of red wine. 

"What have we here?" Cordelia turned her head and saw Reiji downstairs, you walked to the railing and watched him. "I heard that our uncle had a visitor. But I never imagined that visitor would be you."

"It's been a long time, Reiji. If only you weren't stiff, you would look just like Karl from back when I first met him."

"Please do not needlessly invoke my father's name." Reiji said coldly. He pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose before he added. "I find it seriously offensive."

Cordelia smirked before she said, "Don't be so standoffish. Come closer. (Y/N), will you invite him upstairs to us, please?"

"It is apparent that scheming comes as naturally as breathing to you." Cordelia turned her head to Reiji who teleported in front of her and the others.

"Reiji, must I explain?" Richter stood up from the chair as you walked and stood on Cordelia's left. "I want to stay vibrant as long as I live." Cordelia laid the glass down on the table as she went on. "I will tell you what I despise most. Boredom. Boredom is the most painful thing immortals like ourselves can endure. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes, you have a point. Boredom doesn't suit you. Death suits you much better."

Cordelia narrowed her eyes slightly. "I will take that as a compliment. Won't you sit over here?" She gestured to the seat Richter sat before. 

"I would like to talk face-to-face." Reiji stayed silent as he kept his eyes on you and Cordelia. 

"What's this? Are you being defensive?" Cordelia smirked as she went on. "In that respect, you're exactly like Beatrix. You suppress your emotions and try to hide how you feel. She ultimately met a useless, pathetic end."

Reiji's lips moved slightly as Cordelia noticed it. "Oh, my! Did I touch a nerve? Beatrix didn't seem to love you as much as she loved Shu, her eldest son, so I assumed you wouldn't mind if I slandered her."

"I see. So, that is how you turned my father and his brother, my uncle, on one another." 

"Are you suggesting that I tore them apart? You make me sound like the root of all evil. You could be right. I may be the reason Karl and Richter's once-friendly relationship deteriorated." 

"Their bond couldn't have been that strong if it could be ruined by a woman like you." Richter squinted his eyes at him, and Cordelia raised her hand up.

"You are remarkably observant for a son of Beatrix. I like you even more." Cordelia stood up and approached him, you walked and stood not far from her. Cordelia placed her left hand on the back of Reiji's head and pulled him to her. "Your eyes... look just like Karl's." 

She removed Reiji's glasses and dropped them to the floor. You bent to pick it up before backing away from them. Cordelia moved Reiji's hair out of his pale magenta eyes. "I will let you in on my secret out of respect for your eyes." She rubbed her hand to his jaw and wiped his lips.

"I came back to life..." She pulled him to her height and whispered in his ear. "In order to take revenge on Karl... I will make him pay with his death."

"Revenge for not loving you?" 

"It appears you don't understand men and women yet. My desire to kill him is the greatest proof of my love."

"In other words, you want to push your love upon him whether he wants it or not?" 

Cordelia's smile dropped as she stared at Reiji. "You certainly are fond of speaking out of turn. I think I will silence that mouth of yours."