Chapter 43 |Moral of the story, babe|

Start from the beginning

"You know the man that you met at Jiji's restaurant opening?" Khushi asked.

"Khushi there were so many men. Which one are you talking about?" Mehak asked clueless.

"Arnav Singh Raizada." She whispered.

"He? Yes I do know him, not personally though just from the news and the opening that day but what about him?"

"He....he is my ex husband that I never told you about." Khushi whispered.

Mehak knew Khushi was married before. Whenever she'd ask her something about her marriage, Khushi would just shrug off and divert the topic. Judging she didn't like talking about it, Mehak never questioned her again.

But what she was telling her right now was awfully appalling. Arnav Singh Raizada? The Indian billionaire? Her ex husband? Nothing made sense to her right now.

"Wait so you were married to Arnav Singh Raizada before?" Mehak asked, shocked.

Khushi nodded.

"Khushi I...I don't know what to say.... but tell me why are you crying right now? Did he do something? I remember meeting him at Payal's restaurant opening."

"No he didn't it's just that... there are so many things running through my mind and I just-" Khushi stopped in her sentence feeling Mehak cup her cheek.

"What is it? You know you can tell me everything." Mehak assured.

That was when khushi knew she needed to let it all out. She told everything to her bestfriend that had happened to her in the past. All the betrayal, the hurt, the pain, the love, the care, everything. She'd kept Arnav's identity hidden from Mehak not because she didn't trust her, she trusted Mehak like her own sister, it was just that she couldn't bring herself to reveal that person to anyone. She hadn't even voiced out his name in the last 3 years, except very recently.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just in pain
Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
In the end it's better for me
That's the moral of the story babe

"And that was when I tripped and he saved me." Khushi was done explaining every single thing.

She could see the fat tears pouring out of Mehak's beautiful almond eyes. Mehak had held her throughout her whole explanation, sobbing softly herself.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that baby," Mehak cried, "I swear if I'd known this before I would've broken his legs when I saw him that day. As well as his dumb family. My god, how can someone be so ignorant, so brutal, so disgusting.....urghhh. Dill toh kar raha hai kay-" Mehak growled yet stopping, not trying to upset her bestfriend. (I just want to-)

"I'm fine now baby," khushi snuggled closer to her bestfriend, "and they've gained quite a lot of sense now from what I saw after several tea drinking sessions with them."

"Tea drinking? Did they invite you over or something?" Mehak laughed.

"Oh my god! Don't even get me started on the tea invitations I get every other day from his Nani. And even my sister a couple days ago was like 'you have to come here now' which I do understand because she's covered up a lot for me in the last years but I just don't understand why so many invitations? This much tea even my parents haven't offered me in my whole lifetime" Khushi whined, causing Mehak to break out in loud laughter.

"How else are they gonna redeem themselves if they don't get to see you? Of course inviting you for tea gives them a chance to see you and talk to you." Mehak explained from her observation.

Khushi agreed with her on that.

Mehak suggested her to stay the night at her place. It wasn't the first time they were staying over at each other's, they did a several times before and Mehak knew that she couldn't leave her bestfriend alone in this situation especially when she felt so vulnerable, so fervid.

Having spent a long time together with Khushi, Mehak knew that she was one of the strongest girl's ever. It wasn't easy to loose parents at the tender age of eleven, get moved to a total different country where you don't know anything, get forced into a marriage first with a total stranger someone who lives in your house as a paying guest, then find out his nasty betrayal, get forced into another marriage to save your sister's marriage, accept every derogatory comment every disgusting remark thrown at you, then get misjudged again, if all that wasn't enough, save your husband who got kidnapped risking your own life, and then get kicked out after being misconceived without any evidence, then leaving all that and coming back to your motherland, working your ass off and building an empire at the age of just twenty one.

It's funny how a memory
Turns into a bad dream
When running wild turns volatile
Remember how we painted our house?
Just like my grandparents did, so romantic
But we fought the whole time
Should have seen the signs, yeah

Mehak sighed deeply, stirring a dish she was quickly whipping up for them, looking at her bestfriend who had changed into her pajamas and sat on the couch with a gloomy face. Such a baby she was, yet so mature, so strong.

The best thing to do now was to distract her, Mehak stepped over to her living room and turned the TV on. Connecting it to Netflix, she put on a serie both she and Khushi had started watching recently.

"You sit here ok? I'm bringing food." She told Khushi, pecking her forehead.

Both friends sat comfortably in each other's warm company, indulging in the delicious comfort food with Mehak giving Khushi all the emotional support she needed and trying her best to distract her.

An agonized day it had been but letting everything out is ok.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay!

************************************************
Two important things here: 1)Some mistakes get made that's alright, that's ok! 2)letting everything out is ok, you shouldn't feel childish or powerless having cried over something, in fact it makes you stronger if not less! (I mean we all know that, duh, but I just wanted to include it😉)

This song went well with this chapter I feel!

Aren't Mehak and Khushi the cutest? 😩😍 There will be a lot more from them in the future! 😉

Do ⭐️ vote and comment, it's very motivating and appreciated a lot! 😊

Much love! 💕

PS: 2020 just doesn't want to get better. It's horrifying to see a new devastating something everyday on the news. And the most recent case of George Floyd and the whole situation in the states, it's just terrible. No one deserves something like that. Absolutely heartbreaking to watch. Let's just hope and pray for better times. Also for everyone living there, stay safe.