Chapter 42 |In Arnav's arms, yet again|

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Advay asked, his face grim.

"We just recently met and I didn't think it was that important" she answered.

Thick silence fell upon them.

"You never told me that your ex husband belonged to your sister's in laws and that he was Arnav Singh Raizada."

"I didn't see it fitting. But you know now."

"Laila you can't just say you didn't see it fitting. I should've known, I have all the right to know."

"Oh my god, you're making such a trivial matter a big issue now. Yes he was my ex husband. Yes he's the cousin of my sister's husband. Yes he is Arnav Singh Raizada. Yes we did share history together and broke things off. What's more that I should tell you about. I didn't even think I was gonna ever see him again so what was the point in telling you. And like I've told you before a few times that my past is my past and it should remain my past. Why are you getting so riled up about it?" She spat.

Advay knew this had vexed her but he needed to know a couple things being her boyfriend. Walking over to her, he wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry if I upset you but babe I needed to know a couple things. You're very important to me and if you weren't I'd never wanna know anything about your past or the relationship between you and your ex" he explained.

She softened in his arms and rest her head on his chest, hugging him back.

"I'm sorry dev. I shouldn't have said all that. It's just.... it's just that I don't like talking about my past. It's been so long and bringing it up just.... I just don't like it."

Raising her head from his chest she continued, "ok but don't freak out when I tell you this" she said and saw him nod, "I'm working together with him" she finally told.

She saw his eyes protrude.

"I know right!" she exclaimed in surprise herself, judging his shock, "I didn't even know about it before. Liam kept mentioning him to me without telling me his full identity and I didn't find it necessary to interrogate further because he always chooses the people we'll be collaborating with, and he chooses the best ones. But then when the meeting was being held I saw him there. We talked and it seems that working together wouldn't be that bad after all."

She paused seeing him listen so conscientiously.

"And you know that I don't let anything come between business. Be it past relationships, fights or anything inconvenient."

"But you still will be working together with him. Laila I don't really know how to feel about this" Advay expressed his demur, his insecurity, sighing deeply.

"Dev what we had before and what I shared with him before isn't important to me anymore. I don't care about it so please just don't worry about it. All I care is about coming up with a good collection and a successful launch. Just trust me with this one please" she explained.

"I trust you Laila, it's just that I don't trust other people, in this case not your ex husband" he replied.

"You don't have to. As far as I know ASR can never harm me" pausing for a second, "just don't worry about it, ok?" she encouraged him.

"I'll try not to" he smiled.

"And what is this? Weren't we supposed to be the couple who would be cool with their exes. We sound like some weird ass old couple arguing over a small thing" Khushi joked causing Advay to laugh along with her.

Advay knew of this rule. They were supposed to be cool and all with their exes. And not become like those annoying jealous clingy couple but the moment he'd seen ASR he knew he couldn't stop himself. The man had an extremely enticing and intriguing aura. He was a charming bastard who could put anyone under his spell. This caused Advay dire insecurities regarding his girlfriend. Even after being reassured by Laila he still had some doubts about that man but he knew better than to keep thinking of someone from Laila's past, especially her ex.