Chapter 38 |A conversation yet again!|

The contract was signed between both parties, creating a bitter moment for them. Khushi didn't dare look at him because she knew this would weaken her and she didn't want him to see that. She didn't want him to see even a single drop of tear escape her eyes because of him or their past.

Their start had been bumpy but working from two days together, they both could agree that they made a pretty good team, putting their innocuous quarrel aside.

And to say that Arnav Singh Raizada was astounded would be accurate. He knew that this girl was multi talented and was packed with confidence, but what he had seen in the past two days had greatly surprised him.

She screamed confidence the minute she'd walk in her company. It amazed him to see the rapid changes in her. He knew that if given a platform, Khushi would make the best of it and he was witnessing just that.

But what upset him was her ignorance towards him. She'd barely busy herself in a formal talk with him. Once the meeting about their upcoming collab would be over, she'd just disappear from there and he wouldn't hear from her unless something very crucial had to take place. He'd tried to converse with her in a conversation but the lack of attention from her side was surprising. She just 'hmmed' and muttered a few syllables, keeping a straight face as if they were strangers. She didn't even accept the costly flowers he'd personally brought for her.

"I don't accept flowers from my associates" she told him gravely, the moment he forwarded the bouquet to her.

"Why?" he asked through gritted teeth, clearly frustrated.

"I don't need to explain myself to you. I don't because I just don't so don't question it. Now I'd appreciate if you take these away from my office."

"But-" she walked out on him, without letting him convince her.

There were a lot of things running through his mind to make a simple talk to her but he knew pushing her buttons would do him more bad than good, so he decided to take it slow and do one reasonable thing at one time. Something that didn't irritate her, because heaven knew how much 'the new her' could get angered by the most simplest and facile things.

~~**~~

The Raizadas were appalled by the new events. The minute they heard the news of Arnav and Khushi working together, they inwardly celebrated with elation.

However, Payal was having mixed feeling about this whole arrangement the moment her sister informed her about it. She knew how much Khushi tried to tell herself that she wasn't affected by Arnav anymore but she knew that it wasn't true. Especially judging by the way her eyes filled when she told her that he almost died when she left. She just wished for the best for her sister, because she'd be damned seeing her cry over him anymore.

~~**~~

One morning a very crucial meeting was being held at AR. Which Khushi had to be a part of. Not wanting to dive deeper into thinking, she made her way towards his company.

She was impressed by the new design and the architecture of the company but she warned herself to not start talking without observing everything first.

She was greeted by an unfriendly face at the reception. She was looked at with a jaundiced eye. The girl clearly got jealous of her.

"I have an appointment with Mr Raizada" Khushi explained.

"Haha, everyone says that. Now get out" the not so friendly receptionist told her, pointing at the entrance.

"Well, I am not everyone. And instead of showing me the way out, why don't you check Mr Raizada's schedule and then let me know" she tried to be polite because this wasn't the first time she was coming across such bitchy attitude. Especially of a receptionist.