VII: Endless days

Start from the beginning

"I trust Yena. She wouldn't do anything thay could harm us. I bet she's planning to go home after the curfew I set for her"

[Yena's POV]

"Juri? Do you think this is a good idea" I whispered to her as we slowly walked to the beach.

"Of course this is. Dont worry, we'll have the best time" I followed Juri to the shore as I felt the sand.

"What are we gonna do?" She suddenly showed me the inside of her backpack which revealed two bottles of soju.

"I cant ... I wont" I said then slowly stood up. She pulled me down and made me sit next to her.

"How about a game?" Hmmmmm ... I never back out in one of her game's. Let's see what she has in mind, if it's too crazy then i'm out. "What kind of game?"

"You want something extreme right?" I nodded. "Then we'll drink a bit of soju then run to the sea. The one who ran the farthest wins" what the actual ... is she saying!? Drink and run? "You're a weirdo. You know that right?"

"Your just saying that 'cause you cant do it" wha-what!? "I can do it! I'll even be better than you"

"Then do it" she opened a bottle then handed it to me. I pulled up my pants to above knee level. I am totally winning this. I gave her a smirk and sipped on the bottle. I only tasted it but I didnt really drink it. Then I ran until the water touched my knees.

"The water touched my knees. Did you see that?" I shouted. She just nodded.

"Your turn" I said as I came back. She pulled up her pants and did the same thing. But she went until the water touched her thighs. She came back with her pants slightly wet.

Of course, I dont want to loose. So I took a sip and ran towards the sea until the water reached the lower part of my waist.

Juri looked at me as if she wasnt amused. "You wont win if you do that. I'll finish this game" she drank fron the bottle. "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" She said as she ran toward the sea. She ran until the water was up to her chest. Then she came back.

I dont care anymore. My clothes are already wet, so I might as well win this. I gave her a smirk. "Sorry Juri, but you'll have to face defeat"

I tasted the soju again then ran towards the sea. I ran until the water was up to my neck. It was cold so I hurriedly went back.

"I guess I win" She suddenly drank from the bottle and ran towards the water. She ran until ... I couldnt see her anymore.

I waited for her head to pop up somewhere but it didnt. "JURI!!?" There was no reply. What if ... no!?

Why isnt she coming out of the water? What if something happened? She drank a bit so she might be ... aishhh!!!

I went closer to the water. "Juri?! Ok you win! This isnt the right time to joke. Juri!!!"

I took a deep breath and ran towards the sea. Sooner or later I found myself underwater. I opened my eyes and tried to look for her but it was already dark. And i'm not a good swimmer.

But ... what if something really happened? Yuri saved me before. I cant just let Juri go without trying to save her. I looked for a bit but I became tired and ... and ... I feel dizzy.

Ok. Juri I give up you win. I closed my eyes and let the water take me.

Sorry Yuri.

//////////

"Yena wake up!" She was slightly tapping my cheeks as I slowly opened my eyes. I'm at our flat. Yuri was beside me looking worried.

"What happened? Is Juri okay?" She stroked my shoulder making me calm. "I made her go home. She also said that she's sorry for pranking you. She knew you'd run after her if something like that happens. So she hid herself, she didn't know that you'd ... drown"

She stood up and gave me food. "How did I end up here? Did she carry me?"

Based on the look on her face, she's really disappointed in me. All I could do now is reflect on my actions. Maybe the free spirit thing was really a bad idea.

"I carried you" she what? How did she ... "My restaurant Job is near the beach remember? We were walking home when we heard your friend calling for help. Did you know that she couldn't swim?" I shaked my head.

"Thank you. For saving me ... again" she gave me a smile.

"Just dont do anything stupid ever again. Or else i'd have to save you three times" I hugged her and placed my head on her shoulder.

"Your the best Yuri. Next time, i'll save you"