°•thirteen•°

After Dale's funeral, Glenn, Maggie, and I stayed back while the others left.

I stared to the grave, wondering too many things.

This hurt, this anger was unlike anything I'd ever felt before.

I knew the things I was feeling was because of losing Dale. But, I didn't know how to deal with the feelings.

I could only stare of the grave and ask the questions, despite knowing I wouldn't receive answers.

The only thing I did know was I never wanted these feelings ever again.

--

The remainder of the day was spent in moving the rest of the group into the house.

I was almost amused as they were happy to be indoors when I'd been staying in Maggie's room with her for so long.

Sadly, things became difficult when the guy in the barn escaped.

"Jade," dad calls.

I look around the kitchen, seeing it was just the two of us and at the realization, my fear goes up. I begin to step back toward the living room, but he rushes forward, grabbing my arm.

"Hang on, just hold up," he begs, kneeling in front of me.

His face was still bloody from where the guy hit him, only making him seem more scary to me.

"Your Uncle Rick and I are going out to find Randall. I want you to stick by Carl. He's gonna need you," he orders.

"I'm supposed to help Maggie and Beth," I tell him.

"Carl's gonna need you more," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because, you're all each other has. Ever since day one, you know that. You need him, he needs you. Especially after tonight."

"Why after tonight?" I question.

"You know you're still my kid, right?" he asks, diverting my question.

I pull my hands free from him, stepping back.

"Jade, I love you," dad swears.

I didn't like the way he was acting, it was too off. It made me more uncomfortable than usual. But, considering we just lost Dale and their prisoner was loose, of course he'd be off.

When I don't say it back, he sighs. He reaches to me, frowning when I step back again and dodge his hands.

"You're my baby girl. I love you," he repeats.

I stay quiet.

Dad nods to himself, clearing his throat as he stood up. He begins to leave, pausing at the doorway. There, he takes a deep breath, shaking his hands and continuing on without looking at me again.

I stand still, confused by his actions.

"Jade," Glenn calls, making me jump.

I look to the other door, seeing him walk in.

"Hi," I manage to say.

"You okay?" he asks, looking over my face.

"Mhm.. Tired," I lie.

"Daryl and I are about to head out. Try and find Randall," he explains.

"Okay," I nod.

When I don't move, he tilts his head, "No hug?"

At the reminder, I move, stepping into his arms. As Glenn's arms wrap around me, he nods.

"There we go. That's more like it," he smiles.