A Saved Draft

Me: Remember when I put the song, "Hate Me" from Elie Goulding and Juice WRLD in "Sorrowful Lyrics and Hopeful Write-ups"? Well, I was looking around on the World Wide Web and found "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars and I read the lyrics and... Damn, it reminds me so much of this situation, so I added it here. When I think about Todoroki's problem and hear this song... God, my heart broke. Anyway, I hope you enjoy today's chapter!

Todoroki's POV

I entered the dark woods, the flame on my hand my only light source for miles. Multiple critters live here, like deer, fox, and other animals. I wasn't too worried about them though, having a Quirk of fire. 

I continued to follow the tracks and I was soon at the core of the forest. When I approached the car, I noticed it was rammed into a tree, smoke transmitting from the head of the vehicle. They must have crashed on the way... Were there any remains? I thought.

I walked closer to the car and a large flash flickered, making me recoil and step back. I covered the bottom of the car in ice so it could cool down and walked closer. One of the windows was smashed... As if someone broke out and escaped before it overturned. I looked through the window and found a familiar yellow bag in the back seat. This is Izu's! Is his stuff in here? 

I unlocked the door from the inside from the broken window and scavaged the bag. Soon enough, I spotted Midoriya's notebook, along with a few murder tools. Chloroform cloths, drugged needles, knives, rope, a Suppressed Pistol, and a plastic bag were also in the bag. 

I opened the notebook and sat down on the grass. I scanned the brand-new written pages and quickly read his newest reports. I read one specific one out loud to myself...

"I bet my poor Sho is miserable right now," One of the paragraphs said. "Missing me and wishing I never left. Missing me so much, he'd be goin' psycho. It would be nice if I could just go up to his face and tell him how my heart actually feels. How he's replaceable and a piece of trash. I bet there's no one to numb the pain for him." In the bottom left corner of the bloody page was taped a picture of me with a drawn, red X on it. The image was me looking at something in the distance, away from the camera. He must have taken it when I wasn't noticing.

"I kinda feel bad..." The words next to the picture said in bold, "Nah, I'm lying." 

My heart tugged and my chest tightened. I know he didn't mean to write those words...But... Those words still hurt... They hurt so much, it makes me feel sick... 

Under the words was a checklist of things he had accomplished as a villain in the past few weeks. More blood droplets covered the pages. I didn't bother reading them, though I saw the name of my brother on one of them. Wonder what that was about...

Suddenly, strong words hit me like a bullet.

Even if he IS saved, how will the police handle all of the crimes he's done...? He has so many murderous tools as well and he's already known to the public... No, don't think that; he was forced to do it, none of it was his fault. But if the police or Pro Heroes find this bag, he'll be arrested for sure. Izu wants to be a great Pro Hero, I can't let his dreams die because of what a villain did to him...

I put the notebook back into his back and picked it up. I looked around for a hiding spot and found a cave pretty close to where I was and hid it behind a few rocks. It'll be safe here, along with his stuff. I'll burn it later so none of the authorities see the weapons. I would do it now, but I've already wasted to much time and it's almost midnight. No one will look in here, at least I hope not.

I quickly turned around and looked around the crash site again for clues on the LoV's whereabouts. I saw a few footsteps of residue on the grass and blood pools, so I followed them deeper into the woods.