Chapter 13

The movie had ended and everyone seemed to be getting rather drowsy. Truthfully, the film wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. The jump scares had your anxiety through the roof for a few minutes, but scaring Jin helped to ease your nerves and make the situation much less tense. Of course, you ended up apologizing to him because you felt bad. It was all in good fun, though—he actually said it was a top-notch prank.

You helped Jungkook and Hoseok fold blankets and put them away, along with the extra pillows that were dragged out for the movie. Yoongi was the first to leave and go to bed, mumbling a small, "I'm tired. Night." before shuffling out of the room with Shooky clinging to the back of his shirt.
"Yeah, me too." Namjoon announced, letting out a yawn. Koya, of course, was already asleep in his arms and had been for most of the film. He doesn't like scary movies, anyway. If he had been awake, you were almost certain he'd jump so hard his ears would fall off.
Jimin walked up to you with Chimmy in his arms. The tiny dog reached out as soon as he was within a few feet from you, letting out tiny noises as he struggled to reach for you. You happily opened your arms, allowing Jimin to hand Chimmy over. The yellow dog latched onto you, hanging on like his life depended on it. You followed Jimin to his room, saying a quick goodnight to the rest of the boys before dismissing yourself.

"Today was eventful." You commented as Jimin closed the door to his room.
"It was. Feels like it's been more than just one day, right?"
"Yeah." You let out a sigh. "Despite everything, I'm not the least bit sleepy."
"Me either."
"Chimmy doesn't seem to be tired either." You added, taking a seat on the bed.
"Well, we don't necessarily have to go to sleep. Not right away, anyway."
"Right. We could stay up as late as we want."
"Yeah." Jimin grinned. "Sleepovers are meant for pulling all-nighters and hardly sleeping."
Chimmy jumped out of your arms and started bouncing on the bed, letting out cute, tiny noises of excitement as he did so. With one more small bounce, he hopped onto the floor, waddling over to Jimin's desk. Jimin quickly got up off the bed to assist the little guy.
"What is it, buddy?" He asked.
Chimmy hopped in place, reaching for something on the desk.
"This?" Jimin questioned, holding up a piece of paper.
Chimmy nodded.
"Ah. Here you go."
Jimin pulled the chair out from underneath his desk and placed Chimmy in it.
"Draw whatever you want. Pencils and markers are right here." He placed a cup full of drawing supplies in front of Chimmy.
The yellow dog clapped his hands together excitedly and got to work as Jimin took his spot back on the bed, glancing over at the character for a moment.

"I talked to Jungkook." You spoke up.
Jimin looked at you, a hint of irritation on his face at the mention of Jungkook.
"He told me he was sorry for making both of us uncomfortable." You continued.
"Oh, did he?" His response was rather cold.
"Yeah, he did. It hurt me to see you two mad at each other."
"We'll get over it. We always do. None of us can stay mad at each other for too long." He stated.
"I hope you guys can talk it out."
"We will. If not tonight, then tomorrow." Jimin let out a sigh.
You glanced over at Chimmy who was laser focused on his drawing. Every once in a while he'd make a cute noise that would make anyone's heart melt. You found yourself smiling at the little dog.
"Doesn't Chimmy just give you a big boost of serotonin?" You asked aloud. "He's just so adorable. You can't help but be endeared by his presence."
"He does." Jimin agreed with a smile. "He's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Well, second most adorable thing."
Chimmy snapped his head towards Jimin, an angry pout on his face.
"Who's the first?" You questioned out of curiosity.
"Ah. Um..." Jimin trailed off. "It's..." He let out a cough, muttering something.
"What?" You leaned closer, furrowing your brows.
"It's yhhhhou." His voice faded out.
"I can't understand you, what?"
"It's you." He finally stated.
"Me?"
"Yeah. You're... so cute! Like a little sister." He grinned, ruffling your hair.
"Oh... yeah." You forced a laugh. "A little sister, of course."
You heard Chimmy let out a huff, turning back to his drawing. Your eyes stayed glued to the floor as your heart sank a bit. Did Jimin really just see you as a sister? You thought maybe he liked you, especially after Hoseok tried to urge you to talk to Jimin, but after hearing him compare you to a sibling, you realize maybe you were wrong.

"You know, on second thought, I am kinda tired." You spoke up.
"You are?"
"Yeah. I think I'll go on to bed."
"Oh, alright." Jimin seemed a bit upset, but didn't say anything more.
He stood up, pulling the covers back, getting ready to lie down.
Just then, Chimmy hopped out of his chair, bounding over to Jimin. The little dog tugged on his pajama pants, waving the drawing up towards him. Jimin took the artwork from Chimmy and looked at it, his eyes going wide.
"What is it?" You asked.
"Nothing!" Jimin held the drawing against his chest so you couldn't see.
"Come on, Jimin. It can't be that bad."
You could see his cheeks turning pink as he tried to hide the illustration, turning away. Chimmy seemed to huff at Jimin, making noises of protest, clearly wanting him to show the drawing to you. Jimin gave the dog a pleading look, but he didn't back down, standing with his arms crossed.
"I wanna see what he drew." You stated, reaching over to yank the paper from Jimin's hands.
He opened his mouth to object, but you were already looking at the drawing.
Depicted on the paper was a boy and a girl kissing, holding Chimmy together. The doodle looked as if a child had done it; messy scribbles of color and jagged, uneven lines—it was endearing. Upon closer examination, you realized the boy and girl was you and Jimin. Your eyes widened as a rush of heat blossomed on your cheeks.
Jimin watched almost nervously, trying to gauge your reaction.
"Chimmy—" You started, only to stop.
What do I even say?
Jimin was obviously embarrassed by the drawing. You thought it was cute, but you didn't know how to react. Should you act indifferent? No. Then, you'll hurt Chimmy's feelings.
You looked down at the little, yellow dog who was staring up at you with glittery, hopeful eyes.
"It's adorable." You finally said, breaking out into a smile. "Very, very cute. We look like one big happy family."
You could see Jimin's reaction out the corner of your eye. He seemed surprised, maybe even slightly flustered, but you couldn't be sure.
Chimmy let out the cutest sound of excitement as he jumped up and down. He then made another noise before scurrying off back to the desk.

"You said you were tired." Jimin spoke up, trying to get back on topic. "Do you wanna go to sleep?"
"Yeah. I think so."
He nodded and crawled under the covers. You followed, making sure to stay on your side of the bed.
"Chimmy." Jimin called. "We're going to sleep."
The dog hopped out of the chair at the desk and shuffled over. Jimin picked him up and placed him on top of the bed where he moved under the covers with the two of you, squeezing himself between your bodies, getting cozy.
Jimin reached over and clicked off the lamp.
"Goodnight, Chimmy. Goodnight, Y/n."
"Night, Jimin."
Chimmy made a small noise in response, snuggling under the covers.
You smiled, closing your eyes and letting yourself drift off to sleep.

________________________________________
A new chapter, FINALLY! The last time I published a new chapter here was December 31, 2020 and for that I want to apologize. This book has been put on the back burner because I haven't had any ideas for it in... well, almost two years, but I've had a bit of inspiration and I've decided to pick up on it.
For those who don't know, I've rewritten chapters 1-12. The POV has been changed and the writing has been updated, so if you'd like to read the new versions of the chapters (and maybe get a refresher) go check it out!

Thank you for sticking around and waiting for me. You guys are insanely loyal and for that I'm so so grateful 💜🖤