Chapter 2: The Wound, The Snow, The Criminal

BANG! The loud noise from a gun, echoed trough the alleyway, the mist clearing, revealing a man standing there in dark. The sound ringing through his ears, the adrenalin pumping, too hard for him, to hear, to feel, anything. His hands starting to treble slightly, as the heart continued to beat quickly, pushing the adrenaline, harder through his veins. Making it difficult to sense, if, he was in any pain, the loud thumping crowded his mind, his thoughts. But as the lights, the neon lights shifted, casting and creating shadows around the detective. Glistening on the freshly fallen snow, lighting up, where the criminal was standing, exposing a gun in their hand. The detective, lifted his, pointing at the criminal, looking at them with a stern, cold look. But the felon, recoiled, dropping the gun, making a light thump, as it landed in 2 inches of snow. They started to run away, quicker than Gavin Reed, could ever run.

"Shit... These fuckin' androids." The detective hissed between his teeth, letting his arms fall down to his side, in exhaustion. Placing the gun back, to its holster, pushing his fingers, through the greasy locks of hair. "No offence Nines, but-" Something caught Gavin's eyes making him stop mid sentence, looking down at his shoes. Seeing small, blue drops, it peaked his interest, on what this blue liquid could be. Bending down, dipping his fingers, in the small drops of liquid. Seeing, how the thirium, started evaporate by contact of his skin. "Thirium?" Gavin questioned, wondering where it had come from, the detective's eyes, started to follow, the trail of thirium. The sleep deprived man, turned his gaze quickly, when seeing more, of the blue splatter, across the crisp white snow. The detective took a deep breath, when he saw, Nines' legs in the snow, covered in spray of azure coloured thirium. It felt like he was almost preparing for the worst, his tremors returning again. Scrambling, to his feet, his shoes, slipping against the snow covered, asphalt. "Nines!" Gavin Reed called out, as he fell down on his knees, cradling the face of RK900, making the android open his eyes. "Gav..." A mechanic voice spoke.

-Twelve Hours earlier-

"Lazzo... Goddammit kid!" Gavin let out a frustrated sigh, as he leaned his back, against one of the walls, in the interrogation room. "What? Can I go now?" The younger man asked in a slightly teasing voice, making, the clearly insomniac man sigh, again. Pinching the bridge of his nose, and rubbing his eyes slightly. "Here, you will need it." RK900 smiled slightly, making Reed take the cup

of coffee, Nines was holding in his hand. Gulping down, some of the beverage, while looking back at Nines, for him to start the interrogation. "So Lazzo, why where you in the docks, again? With more illegal android parts?" Nines spoke, in calm voice, sitting down, on the edge, of the table, crossing his arms over his chest. Staring into the eyes of the skittish kid, waiting for him to start speaking again. Gavin thought to himself, that the kid had only two moods, one being never able to stop talking, and the other not speaking at all.

Lazzo took a sip, out of his water bottle, drinking it slowly, trying to make, the time slow down, and not have to answer, the questions. But both of the detectives, knew that he would, answer, if he was given his time. The flamboyant criminal, always did, though, he tired to sneak, his way out of the conversation in multiple ways. Which always ended with him, stumbling on his lies, and actually revealing his true intentions. "Huh, you two are dating? Right?" Lazzo asked leaning forward, resting his chin on his hands. Looking at both of the detectives, staring into their soul, with a curious look. Gavin rubbed his neck nervously, trying to hid the blush, slowly building up and covering most of his face, his eyes shifted from the floor, up to RK900. Meeting the other man's eyes, seeing, the vague blue tint, across his face. Detective Reed, didn't need to see the android's LED, he could read, it all across, the aesthetically pleasing man's face. The LED, was circling on an amber, but shifting slowly to a calm blue. As his eyes, smile, body language changed, relaxed, as they just shared a look, of deep meaning. A look, that convey more than a thousand words, more than they, had ever say out loud.

"You figured that out, huh?" Gavin Reed shifts his gaze, slightly, looking at the flamboyant criminal, who can't help, to grin. If Lazzo, didn't have his ears, his head would have fallen off. The kid, where grinning that bad, like he just had won jackpot. But the detectives, don't care, it had been two months, since that night, on the balcony, overlooking the sunset in, the September night. "Yeah, of course, though I was a bit unsure, but now I'm definitely certain. Wait WHAT?! YOU ARE DATING HIM? THE- the terminator?" Lazzo starts rambling, like he was actually surprised by the answer from Detective Reed. The kid, couldn't help, to pull his hair with his fingers, like he is trying to keep his head, from exploding, from all the information. "Hey kid, don't drift away from the question." The sleep deprived man lets out another annoyed sigh, walking closer to his partner, lightly brushes his hand across the right arm of Nines, as he takes a seat, on the stool across the table of Lazzo. Placing his feet on the table, ignoring the look the aesthetically pleasing man, was, giving him.

It didn't take long, after that, for Lazzo, the flamboyant criminal to start spilling the beans. But like always, he would start, rambling on all different things, while, he was answering the questions. As the sun started to set, and the snow, started to come down. Starting to dance with the lights, the neon lights.