Show and Tell (Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

After sitting like that for a while, he sighed again and uncovered his face. "I'm sorry, (f/n)," he murmured. "I didn't mean it like that."

"T-then, how did you m-mean it?" you whispered, tears still streaming down your cheeks.

Levi finally met your gaze. His grey-blue orbs were filled with remorse, and something else you couldn't place. "I..."

Then he averted his eyes again, as if it were too difficult to state how he felt while looking at you. "I've lost so many people, (f/n)..." he explained quietly. "Friends, comrades...they all die eventually, because they have to go and do something heroic...their 'duty', or whatever." Levi swallowed. "And I get it. That's our job. But please, don't put yourself at risk like that. Because I've survived losing everyone else, but I don't think I could take it if I lost you. Not...not you."

Slowly, you walked to the couch and sat down next to him. "And...why me, Levi?" you breathed.

Levi shifted so you couldn't see his face.

"Levi," you insisted gently as you reached around to take his face in your hands. "Look at me."

Levi allowed your delicate hands to guide him back to you. However, his eyes never met yours.

"Why me?" you asked again.

"Because..." His voice caught, and he had to clear his throat before continuing. "...because, I care about you, (f/n). More than anyone or anything."

Your eyes widened. You never thought that Levi would return your feelings, but...his words, the sound of his voice when he said he cared about you...

"Look at me," you breathed.

Slowly, Levi brought his eyes up to meet yours.

Then you kissed him.

Immediately, Levi froze, and you thought he might pull away. But after he got over the initial shock, his eyelids fluttered closed, and he started to kiss you back. He was hesitant at first, as if he didn't really know what he was doing, but eventually, he melted into you. You slid your hands around his neck, your fingers playing with the ends of his raven-black hair as he cupped your cheek in his hand, tilting your head to get a better angle.

You only broke apart when your lungs were screaming for air. Your heart was pounding in your chest, and your stomach was so full of butterflies that you thought you might be sick, but you didn't want it to stop. You smiled, hardly daring to believe that you had just kissed Levi Ackerman – and he had kissed you back! You had never been happier in your entire life.

Then Levi's eyes shuttered, and he turned away from you. "I'm sorry," he said emotionlessly. "I shouldn't have done that."

And just like that, your heart shattered. "Oh," you quavered. "N-no, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed..." You squeezed your eyes shut against the fresh tears that threatened to spill over. "I'll be going now." You stood, wanting to get away from him as quickly as possible, and wishing you could take it all back.

"No, wait," he said hastily as he grabbed your wrist, halting you. "I didn't mean..." You looked back at him, and what he saw in your eyes made him bow his head in shame. "I keep making you cry," he muttered, almost to himself.

Levi released your wrist, but you didn't move.

"I do feel that way about you," he explained. "Of course I do. You're smart, and strong, and beautiful, and funny." He swallowed. "And you're so damn kind to me, even when I screw things up, just like now..." His hands clenched into fists. "But you deserve better, (f/n). I'm not...a good person."