The calm before the storm

I looked into the big nothingness in front of me. It was a warm but gloomy day. There was a warm wind moving the tall grass. Grass as wide as you can see just grass and in the middle of it was me.
I felt like the place which surrounded me. Empty.
I started walking slowly. Letting the grass slide under my hands. It felt really dry. It probably did not rain for weeks. I could tell that very soon it would. It was only a matter of minutes or hours. The sky was already covered in clouds. It was the calm before the storm.
Finding a shelter from the storm would have been a good idea. I did not though. I did not care if my dress would get soaked. I did not care about anything. I only wanted to be in the fields in that very moment. All I wanted to hear was the sound of the wind, birds and crickets.
I loved the silence. The feeling of dry grass under my bare feet. All I wore was a plain white dress. My hair was being moved by the wind as the grass.
I stopped walking. I closed my eyes and just stood there.
Feeling nothing. Thinking nothing.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and swiftly turned around to look behind me. He looked at me with such a calm look. Why wasn't he angry? I run away from him for the second time already. I don't even know why. I just felt so overwhelmed. The death of my mother still affected me a lot and after last night... I just felt so dirty. We did not do anything bad after we went out of the lake. We only held hands till we arrived to his tent. Then we both went to sleep. I still felt dirty though. After all the terible things that happened I decided to trust him and even have odd feelings towards him? I just wanted to disappear. Not have a single worry anymore.

He leaned in to take my hand but I stepped back.
I saw the pain in his eyes. Why was he hurt? Why did he search for me again?
His voice suddenly broke the silence.
"Why did you leave?"
I looked at him but did not answer.
"Am I such a monster? I saved your life twice. I tried my best to make you happy and you can't even stand to be with me?"
"W what? It's not because of you."
"Oh well tell me why then."
"I I don't know. It's just all too much for me. I miss my mother. I miss my old life. We don't even really know each other so why do you care? Why can't you just leave me alone? I am just bothering you anyway."
He laughed. "Leave you alone? Here? Princess you couldn't even survive for 4 days but go off if death is so much better than me then I won't hold you back."
"I told you that it has nothing to do with you!"
"Of course."
He looked at me with fire in his eyes and I did not know why the way he looked at me made me feel the way it did. He took my chin in one hand and caressed my cheek with the other. As we looked each other deep into the eyes I felt drops fall onto my face. The tiny drops soon turned into a waterfall. Maybe he was right. Maybe I really could not survive for more than 4 days.
I was soaked by the time he brought me to the tiny cave and so was he...
Why did he make me feel that way?
I got weird feelings in my under belly seeing his white shirt press tightly against his muscular body. Since it was so wet I could make out all the lines of it. He looked like no man I ever met before.
"You like what you see?" He said with a smirk. I blushed.
"I I I ummm."
I felt him press a kiss against my forehead. "It's fine princess. If I would be a girl I would too get left speechless by this." He pointed at himself and chuckled. I couldn't stop the rising heat in my face.

He soon made a fire in the cave and pressed me against himself, so I don't get cold. I was everything but cold though. The heat didn't stop rising in me since the moment he pressed me against his warm half naked body.
As we laid there in silence he softly caressed my skin. It felt so damn good. I couldn't believe that he could be so gentle. As he played with the little hairs at the back of my head I heard the rain become more quiet. Soon it turned into very soft drops. It sounded so rhythmic. I felt so safe and cozy that I fell asleep in his strong arms.