~ Blood in the Water ~

Artemis woke to the smell of blood, she turned her head to the side and saw Nathan; he was pale. Heaving herself up she looked around and spotted Kianna across the clearing, she looked back to Nathan and began slowly unwrapping any bloody bandages so that she could replace them.

''Artemis, what do we do.'' Kianna spoke from behind the redhead, voice tired and worn with worry.

''I don't know, I'll have to call my mom soon.'' Artemis replied quietly, turning to look at Kianna with her eyebrows furrowed, ''I hope Nathan wakes up, maybe we can get some answer's as to what happened.''. Her luminescent green eyes looked around the ruined campsite,

''Could it be the footprints that belonged to the thing, that attacked the boy's?'' Kianna spoke after settling down beside Artemis, Artemis paused in her action's to consider the thought. ''If so, what do we do to hunt or fight it...'' she spoke after watching Artemis pause to consider it.

''Kianna, what ever that is; it attack's at night meaning its nocturnal. If we can find it during the day, perhaps we can still hope that Patrick and Anthony are still alive.'' Artemis mused looking down at her pale friend. ''But we can't leave Nathan here alone in this state, I have no choice but to ring my mother and hope she would understand...'' the redhead trailed off.

''You go do that, i'll guard Natty'' Kianna spoke, lightly shoving Artemis in the direction of her bag with the phone.

Artemis walked over to the bag, whilst also looking at the damage the creature did when they were away; reaching the bag she pulled out the emergency phone and dialed her mother.

''Come on, pick up.'' Artemis muttered.

''Hello who's this?'' Nadia replied formally.

''Mom, it's me.''

''What's wrong dear.''

''Mom, a strange creature attacked last night... It took Patrick and Anthony, Nathan is wounded with large - ''

''Artemis, i'm coming to your location -''

''NO! I don't want you to get hurt.''

''Do not fight me on this pup, you are not trained to fight the Kiande Amedha.''

''The what? Mom your not making sense.''

''When I arrive at the camp, you will see your Father...Do not leave and seek out the r'ka or you will be met with death.''

That was it, the phone call ended with a cryptic message; Artemis glared at the phone, wanting to smash it and prove to her mother she wasn't a child. She was going to hunt that creature alone if she had too, the potential death of Patrick and Anthony weighed heavily on her mind, eye's darting to her custom spear as she thought of plan's.

''Kianna, stay and look after Nathan okay.'' Artemis spoke sternly, picking up the holsters and placing her weapons in them.

''Your going after that thing, aren't you.'' Kianna spoke, then the blond haired girl grinned, ''Give it hell for me.'' Artemis nodded and sprinted along the direction of the footprints.

Adrenalin pumped through her veins, a spark lit up in her eye's, the spark of a Predator hunting its prey. 'I will win, I will not fail this hunt' she though at she paused to sense her surrounding's. She looked around and breathed in to relax and focus on the sound's of the forest, 'A creature will seek out water' she mused and listened for the sound of running water.

It took an hour to locate a stream, and a further 10 minuets to find the main body of water.

Artemis silently rejoiced as she crept closer to the river, but something was off there was a metallic smell in the air. The redhead slowly became weary as she approached the bank of the river, her hair on the back of her neck stood on end; she suddenly felt sick as she saw red in the water.

No, not red...It was blood, she bolted forward and looked in as pools and streaks of blood flowed down the river. Against her better judgement she looked up the river and her heart stopped; her gaze fell upon the mauled body of Anthony, his skull and rib cage was visible due too it poking out of his flesh, his torn flesh. Artemis didn't know what to feel a she shakily walked up to Anthony's body and looked down only too quickly look away, lest she became haunted by the terror that reflected in those once bright eye's.

Holding her hand to her mouth, her stomach twisting, she hoped to spot Patrick. She walked along the bank, not hesitating to keep her gaze away from her dead friend; that's when she noticed a black blob hunched over.

Not wishing to be noticed, she climbed the thick tree's and carefully leaped along the trees, perching over the branch most hidden by the foliage she held her hand over her mouth to hopefully stifle the scream about to bubble up.

It was sleek black.

It has an en-longed, dome like head.

It's teeth looked sharp, but were translucent.

It has an inner mouth with the same teeth, and drool streamed out of it's mouth.

It has what seemed like two dorsal tubes on it's shoulder blades.

It has sharp nails, it's fingers had webbing in between them.

It has strong hind legs with the same sharp nails.

It has a long scorpion like tail with a blade as the tip.

It was covered in blood.

Finally, it was hunched over Patrick, his stomach pulled open showing organs that had bites taken out of them; Patrick's mouth was open, twisted in shocked pain as his once lively eyes gazed into the air with nothing but emptiness... What was worse, was the creature was eating him, and it was Patrick's blood in the water...

'What are you going to do when there is blood in the water, Artemis?' She questioned herself as her hand's shook.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note.

Sorry for the late update, I actually wrote this on my laptop instead of my phone. Hope you liked it, and sorry if you liked Patrick and Anthony...RIP them.