'Anxiety?' Roman was confused. He carefully patted his way to the end of the bed watching as Virgil pulled his knees up into his chest. He didn't know what was going on but he knew it wasn't good. 'Anxiety. Anxiety, talk to me. What's happening?'  Roman jumped off the bed as he slowly scuddled over to the other with this concerned look in his eyes. 'Anxiety?' He mewled softly, pawing at the other's leg only now noticing how badly the other was trembling. 'Anxiety. Please, talk to me. What's going on? What's wrong?'  Virgil choked back a sob making Roman jump and whine loudly trying to get the other's attention. Virgil groaned as he forced himself to lay down, still curled up on a ball, and Roman broke seeing the tears falling from the other's eyes. 'Anxiety!' Virgil frowned as he looked over to see Roman rushing over and pawing at his cheek lightly as if trying to wipe the tears away. All he could do was push the poor cat away as he moved to grip his hair. 'Anxiety... no. Don't do that.'

"I can't..." Virgil whimpered as he curled up more into himself. "I can't breathe. I can't..."

'Anxiety... Shit.' Roman paced a bit as he tried to figure out a way to help. He didn't know what was going on. He mewled softly as he pushed himself as far to the ground as he could get before forcing himself between Virgil's arm, making the other have to uncurl a bit just so he could get to his chest. Roman pawed at his shirt tensing at the choked-out whine Virgil made and he himself whimpered in fear. 'Anxiety, you need to breathe.' Roman nipped lightly at Virgil's arm before lightly pushing at it making Virgil move it away so he actually looked at him better. 'Breathe, Anx.' 

"S-s-sug-gar p-pea?" Roman smiled softly as he pawed at his chest some more in an almost rubbing fashion making Virgil's eyes go wide. He tried to take a deep breath but he ended up coughing making Roman jump and whine with his own anxiety. Roman gave a very low and worried rumble and crouched as he rubbed up against him trying to calm him down. "I-I-I'm-m o-o-ok." Virgil choked as he tried to keep himself from curling up again. He tried again to breathe this time softer focusing more on his patterns than anything. His one hand gently and shakily brushed through Roman's fur who purred lightly seeing Virgil slowly start to come down from whatever that episode was. "I-I'm ok. I'm ok. I'm ok. Breathe... You can breathe. It's ok." Virgil gave a weak smile as Roman pushed himself up and once again tried to wipe away the tears making Virgil laugh. His voice was hoarse but still held that softness as he uncurled the rest of the way and rolled over onto his back. He looked over at the little cat and just smiled. "Thank you, small fry. I'm a bit surprised you actually tried to help."

'Why wouldn't I? You were clearly distressed.' Roman frowned as he pushed himself up onto Virgil's lap, head laid down just staring at the other. 'Anxiety, what happened? Why did you go into that... shock?' Virgil just sighed softly as he closed his eyes much to Roman's dislike who was very concerned at this point. The sound of his soft meowing made Virgil laugh and roll his eyes.

"I'm ok, little one. I'm ok. It was just an attack. It's not the first one I've had and it certainly won't be the last." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil shrugged. "But it was the fastest I've calmed down from and I'm sure that's because of you so thank you."

'A-Attack? Attack of what? Anxiety, what attacked you to cause that reaction?'  Virgil couldn't help but giggle over how vocal Roman was being. It was just a nonstop string of obviously emotional meows and squeaks. 'Anxiety, what attacked you? Tell me now so I can keep it from ever showing face again. No one hurt's a fellow side like that.'

"Calm yourself, Small fry. I'm ok. I knew what I was getting into going to that meeting." Roman froze up, ice in his veins as Virgil just sighed as carefully put him to the floor so he could stand up. "That's just what I get. I'm just lucky Roman wasn't there."

'What? Why?' Roman honestly could feel his heart breaking. 'Anxiety?'

"The last thing I needed was Roman there. It was bad enough listening to Logan and his..." Virgil choked as he quickly took a deep breath and sat down on the bed with a frown. "Sometimes it really sucks being the embodiment of Anxiety. Especially when everyone's against you... as if you don't have it yourself like... I'm fucking tired of this shit. It's not even 3 yet I've had a damn attack because of my anxiety." Virgil frowned as he glanced over to see Roman just sitting there frozen on the ground with tears in his eyes. "At least you're there for me right, Sugarpea? I mean you helped me through my attack. Guess Jan was right. I should've gotten an ESA a long time ago. Well... it doesn't really matter now, does it?"

'Anxiety, I...' Roman just sighed and smiled sadly as he watched the other lay back down on his bed clearly drained from the attack he had just had. 'This attack... it's not something I can fight off, is it?' Roman quickly jumped up onto the bed with him making Virgil smile as he did. 'It's not something I can keep from happening again. No one attacked you...' Roman laid down beside him meeting Virgil's eyes with a soft look. Virgil gave a very tired but cute smile as he gently trailed his fingers through Roman's fur. 'It was your own mind, wasn't it?'

"I'm ok. I'm just tired. I am glad you seem more comfortable with me though." Virgil let his eyes slip shut as Roman just stayed there keeping guard. "That makes me happy."

'Get some rest, stormcloud. I think after that... you deserve it.'