CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

LYDIA'S POV

The pen met the paper underneath it with a flurry of movement. The same name over and over. I tried stopping it, I really did, but the whispers were only getting louder. The reality was only getting harder to grasp. And I couldn't find the answer no matter how many times I tried watching his death.

I could hear the whispers outside my head, though I don't think they were whispers anymore. The almost seemed like shouts with the strain that the voices had one them. But that was beside the point. I could feel it, another one of my mates dying. I could see the life slip from his eyes, the knife wound in his side slowly dribbling blood out into the already full and wide puddle. I could see the shadow of a man rushing away, hear the scream as it ripped from my throat blocks away, feel the pain of a line being tethered, a line that never had the opportunity to grow.

I couldn't stop listening, which was the worst part of the whispers. Well, I could stop listening, if I was like a normal banshee. But even when comparing myself to banshee's I have a slightly more powerful attuned ability

I knew his name. His death. But I didn't know him. And that pisses me off. I hated hearing voices for people that didn't have an impact on me at this exact moment. I hated it. But he was important. I didn't know when he was dying, the voices couldn't decide and the exact time or place, well they wouldn't give me the place.

This means, unlike Gabriel, I couldn't just hit a pause button on life and go from there. Either that, or my idea for saving the world was accurate and whatever God was out there, or fate itself, was directing me to find and collect all currently living mates before finishing the mission I had been working on the past four years.

Killing my mates would be mildly inconvenient though, even if they were being killed so that I could find them. It's honestly exhausting constantly saving them. Just saying. Not that anyone is listening.

"Yo! Trouble! Your spilling paint all over Nathan's fucking carpet!"

"That's not paint, Gabe. That's blood."

"Malen'kaya lisa, your fingers are bleeding."

"Darling, open those pretty green eyes and look at me. I promise I won't yell at you anymore for your glaringly dangerous actions yesterday."

I had been perfectly fine last night, when I announced that one of their brothers was going to die. It hadn't been this bad until I woke up cocooned between Gabriel and Raven this morning, the whispers turned to shouts, images flashing through my brain. I needed something to write with, I didn't have anything to write with though. Which was stupid, seeing as I should expect stuff like this. But, truth be told, I hadn't had any major banshee shit happen since the snap when Vision died.

Gabriels does not count as a major banshee moment. Simply because there were no whispers, there was just the scream. The whispers came and went, they haunted me no matter where I was, but this was the first time that the whispers had been more than whispers for four years. This was the first time that I had been consumed by my abilities in four years. Call me slightly unprepared for the bombardment of the whisper shout voice things, will ya?