CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

LYDIA'S POV

I stare down at the dead body on the carpet with a slight pout, I hate it when things don't go to plan. Like Owen and Gabriel ditching the car before showing up to their location, me arriving before them, the Chinese Takeout delivery dude being part of Hydra and trying to kill me when I opened the door, having to literally rip his heart out (thus getting blood all over my new nails, sigh), Raven not allowing me to play with his gun, and Happy not being able to remember all the code words.

Oh, and I crashed my Jet... again.

You see, the plan was simple. Owen and Gabriel dramatically pull up in front of the stupid house on Sunnyville Court, stupid name, I know. I would safely land the jet in the middle of the road, the car would explode behind me, I would take the Chinese food bag while walking up the driveway, a huge fire explosion behind me, Raven and Happy cheering, Captian dancing to Elvis Presley cause he is ancient, then I would do a dab, and enter the house like a damn badass.

That did not happen.

I crashed the plane, an eight-legged demon tried to suck my soul out of my body... yes I mean a... a... spider. Captian and Happy are trying to explain to the bitch in the grey house across the road why there is a giant jet through her... well her house. So no cheering or dancing for my dramatic entrance.

Morgan told Owen and Gabriel that I set the car's bomb timer, which means that they ditched the car while it still had 2 minutes. Like, what the fuck?! It still had plenty of damn time!

Then, of course, the Chinese got delivered, I opened the door to a gun, ripped the gun out of dude's hands, shoved my hand through his chest (thank you random mutant I passed at some point with super strength... I didn't know I had super strength), ripped his heart out like Elijah Mikaelson does on a daily, dramatically licked the blood off my hand to freak out the neighbors arguing with Captian and Happy, then Raven dragged the nasty body into the living room, grunting in Russian and giving me flirty looks.

Groaning, I turn towards the kitchen, which was basically on the other side of the living room, and watch as Raven digs through the takeout, casually pulling out food like there totally wasn't a dead body in the living room. Which is cool, I have no issue acting like it wasn't there. I mean, worse comes to worst it comes back to like as a zombie and I shove Raven to it as a sacrifice.

"I need to take a piss, do not touch the stove. Or anything. We need fires to start today," Raven grumbles, handing me the Sushi that had Lydia written on the lid. FRIDAY is so fucking awesome.

"I think you mean we don't need a fire to start today," I mumble, popping the lid open and stuffing sushi into my mouth halfway through the sentence, making it kinda jumbled.

Raven smiles fondly at me, before scampering off to this elusive bathroom that I didn't even know existed. I mean, obviously it does cause we are in someone's house, but I don't know where it is. Maybe I should follow him. Glancing down at the food in my hands I quickly dismiss the idea and continue shoving food into my mouth.

Right around then, as I swallow my like third mouthful, the cutest hair ever walks around the corner, the one next to the stairs.

The hair, of course, was attached to the world's sexiest body, and I'm only saying that cause I haven't seen Raven, Gabriel, or Owie-Poo naked or just in boxers yet. But this dude, with the super fluffy bunny-like hair was definitely making it to the top of my sexy-sex-McSexy list.

Damn boi. Damn that Boi's thick!

I must have made a noise because his bleary sleepy eyes meet mine, conveniently becoming super-un-bleary in a matter of seconds.

Saying the first thing that comes to my mouth I blurted out a "There may or may not be a dead body in your living room, bunny."

His eyes widen, before an explosion of words tumbles out of his mouth, quicker than he can apparently think,"I don't know whether to ask you how the hell you got in my house, who the fuck you are, or why there is a dead body in my living room, first?!"

As we both register the words I feel a blush cover my cheeks, this was so awkward! How was I supposed to explain to one mate that I had met three of fourteen already, before him, and the dead body in the living room was totally self-defense?

"Um, it's not what it looks like?" I mumble, looking wide-eyed at his already wide-eyed expression. Fuck we both looked like deer-in-headlights.

"It looks like my own mate broke into my house, with Chinese carryout," He pauses looking towards the slumped body of the delivery guy, "And killed the delivery man, before settling down to eat at my island, with blood still on her hands."

Looking from the body, my food, the blood literally on my hand, and his gaze, I crack a small smile, "I also crashed a jet into your neighbor's house, blew up a car, and got banned from Raven's guns?"

"You're not helping your situation, Red."

"It's Strawberry-blonde, bunny."

We both look into each other's gaze, wearing matching expressions, "Can... can I have some of your Chinese?" He asks, shuffling nervously.

Looking from my Sushi to him, probably much more dramatic than need be, I slowly smile before thrusting it in his direction, "Of course! Just don't eat it all. Meanie and Mr. Monkey-suit will be here soon. You know, sharing is caring and all that!"

"Mr. Monkey-sui..." He starts, only to be cut off by the back door, the one next to the tragically dead body, is thrown open. A giggling Morgan, glaring Gabriel, and absolutely red-faced seething Owie-poo, standing in the frame.

"Lydia Stark! I am going to count to three and if your ass isn't bent over the couch I swear to whatever higher being there is I will fucking zip tie to a bed and leave you there until your punishment is over!" Owie screeches, which is apparently completely out of character if the face of Raven, Brandon, and Gabriel had to say anything.

"Apparently, Daddy Owen doesn't like it when we play with bombs... I didn't tell him about the hospital the other day, Momma! Don't worry!" Morgan says, literally jumping over the dead body and rushing to my side,

"You must be one of my new daddies, Momma never shares her food. I'm Morgan, Morgan Stark," She sticks her hand out to Nathan, who looks from her to me, and back, before slowly shaking it.

"What happened to that man, Momma? Did you lose control again? Get bored? Feel sadistic? Are we going to go on a killing spree again? Do I need to call Uncle Loki and see about trying to take control of the world again? Are you starting that weird diet that happened after dead Mommy died, the one where you eat people? Why are you looking at me like that?" Morgan spews question after question, all four men in the room either getting paler (Nathan), more turned on (Raven), more flabbergasted and exhausted (Gabriel), or angry (Owie-Poo).

"So.... umm.... How has your day been going? How was the talk that you both did earlier? How..." I trail off, remembering a vital portion of Gabriel's story.

Spinning towards Nathan, I have my arm pulled back and slam it into his face before common sense can stop me. Isn't that like spouse abuse? Shit, I just committed a crime. Well one that actually matters to me. Damnit, Owen is so going to tear my ass up. Even worse than he probably thought of doing earlier. Talk about digging an early grave.

"What the fuck?" Nathan yells, his face conveniently matching his match-stick red hair. Fire-truck. That's his new nickname.

"That is for breaking your brother's jaw when he was just trying to help you!" I glare up at him.

"Couch, now, Miss Stark!" Owen shouts, his own face matching Nathans. Just slightly angrier. Definitely scarier. And totally a turn-on.