Chapter Three

I asked, "How could someone just leave it lying there?"

I looked around for people in the vicinity but there was no one there.

"So what should we do?",Harry said.

"Uh! I don't know... Well, we can't just abandon this pup, right?", I said to him helplessly.

"Yeah. But first we need to take the pup to a vet. Then we'll decide what to do with it, okay?", he said to me while putting his hands on my shoulders reassuringly.

"Yes. Good idea.", I said heaving a sign of relief. It is in these times of need that I feel thankful of the fact that he is my best mate. Anyone else would have probably left me there alone and gone their own way.

I picked up the puppy from the bushes and cuddled it in my arms. "Aww.. You cutie pie. Let's go to the doc!", I said while fondling it.

Harry and I began to walk. Then suddenly a thought came into my head and I stopped in my track.

"Oh but genius, it's six o'clock in the morning! No veterinarian would have opened up his chamber. Now, where do we go?"

We were in one of our everyday morning walks.

With an amused smile he turned around and said, "Miss Know-It-All, my cousin Seth is a vet. Why do you keep forgetting that? Come on, let's go to his house."

__

Dedicated to Dipti @CupcakeBatch for having been one of the first people to read this story and for loving it. :*