Chapter Eight

I was out the classroom door as soon as the bell rang signalling the end of the last period. Rushing to my locker, I threw my books in there and took out my backpack. Slinging it over my shoulder, I make my way to Harry's locker.

He wasn't there. Yet.

"Ugh! He was supposed to be waiting here by now."

I crane my neck to look for the familiar tuft of black hair among the sea of students coming out by now. It seemed like today I had a day's worth of date with disappointment.

"Five more minutes, Harry. Just five more minutes and then I am out." I mumble to myself.

Just before the five minute mark, I see him running out of the gym, towards his locker.

Seems like he had basketball practice.

"I'm so sorry, Em! I forgot to mention that I had practice today.", he begins with his puppy dog face even before I could say anything.

His pouting won't be helping him this time.

"Hurry up, moron."

"Cowpoo."

This makes me reward him with a punch on his stomach.

"Owww! That hurt."

"And I don't care. C'mon, let's go! We're late as it is. Bloom must be scared all alone."

Without waiting for his reply, I make my way out the school building.

____

As soon as I swung open the door, Bloom greeted us with her woofing. She was perched on top of the stairs and she came running down to us. Keeping my backpack on the floor, I took her in my arms, cuddling her. She started licking my hands.

"Eww. You've got dog drool on you." Harry teases me from the door.

"Just shut up and get in."

Shutting the door, he comes in and makes way to the couch. At the same time, a grumbling sound comes from Bloom's tummy.

"She is hungry." Harry says, sitting down.

"Jeez. I wouldn't have known." I say as I go to the refrigerator.

"Haha. I was wondering whether you had a break up with your boyfriend, sarcasm."

My back was to him but I rolled my eyes nevertheless.

"Do puppies drink orange juice?" I ask him since that was the only thing left there in the fridge other than chocolate. The milk carton was empty.

"I dunno. Try it. She mightdrink it, you know.", he says hopefully.

Turns out she doesn'tlike the sweet orange liquid because she turned her head away as soon as I gave it to her.

"Dramaqueen." Harry mumbles in his breath.

"I heard that."

"I wasn't referring to you."

"I know that."

"Whatever."

"Anyways, I need to go and buy milk. And other things worth eating, in general. Take care of her. I'll be back soon." I say to Harry.

"Okay. Hasta la vista."

"Spend some time with your little dramaqueen. Ciao!" I say getting out the door.

__

Dedicated to @Oreos_Are_Life for all the weirdly funny comments on the previous chapters. :D