Gryffindor's Sword & The Dark Lord

Start bij het begin

"— In fact, I'm going to have to do the same to you."

As Lockhart turned around to face them once again, all three boys had their wands pointed at him.

"Don't even think about it," Charlie spat with anger, and then, almost immediately, Lockhart dropped his wand.

————————————

They dragged Gilderoy Lockhart across the castle towards the second-floor bathroom. He was going to confront the monster in the Chamber whether he liked it or not.

As the four of them arrived, Myrtle was flying around the room to keep herself occupied. When she heard the door open, her head snapped in their direction, "Who's there?"

Harry and Ron kept their wands focused on Lockhart while the brown eyed boy moved to reveal himself to the ghost.

When Myrtle took in the appearance of Charlie's face, she quickly batted her eyes and smile flirtatiously, "Oh, hello Charlie. What can I do for you?"

The brown eyed boy raised a brow at her. He was going to question her tone, but decided against it. Now, was not the time. "Myrtle, I actually was w-wondering about h-how you died..."

"Oh, it was dreadful!" She said as she flew closer to him, "It happened right there in that very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. The door was locked, and I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in. They said something funny, something I couldn't understand; a different language, I think it must have been. Anyway, what really got me was that it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go and use his own toilet, and then —"

Charlie urged her to continue but she just shook her head. Her eyes swelling up with tears, "I died."

"Just like that? How?" asked Harry from the other side of the room.

"No idea," Myrtle said in a whisper, "I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes over there by that sink. Then suddenly, my whole body sort of seized up, and I was floating away..."

The three boys hurried over to the sink that Myrtle mentioned. Lockhart was standing well back, a look of utter terror on his face.

It looked like an ordinary sink. They examined every inch of it, inside and out, including the pipes below. That's when Harry saw it. Scratched on the side of one of the copper taps was a tiny snake, "This is it. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets."

"Say something," Charlie said quickly as he admired the sink, "Harry, say something in Parseltongue."

Ron nodded in agreement as Harry stepped forward.

"Open up," he said.

Except that the words weren't what they heard; a strange hissing had escaped Harry, and at once the tap glowed with a brilliant white light and began to spin. Next second, the sink began to move; the sink, in fact, sank, right out of sight, leaving a large pipe exposed, a pipe wide enough for a man to slide into.

Charlie heard Ron gasp and looked up again to see Harry staring at the sink in awe. He had clearly made up his mind what he was going to do.