chapter twenty- two

“Come here Kate. I want to show you something first.” Kevin took my hand, leading me outside my room and into the hallway. I looked down at our hands and felt butterflies in my stomach. Is this really happening? Is Kevin really my boyfriend? Oh wait a second….Kev-

“Kate?” I looked down from our hands to his eyes. His usual tired and over worked look had changed into a happier person.

“Yes?” He smiled, opening a door in front of us. I expected a magical room filled with color and creativity seeing as Kevin had gotten worked up about showing it to me.

I stepped inside.

“Um…” was all I could say. The room wasn’t exactly colorful and there didn’t seem to be anything magical about it. It was just a windowless room with white walls and nothing inside.

“Where’s all the furniture?”

“Well, I was planning on buying some later. Almost every single room in this house is the same white walls and brown furniture. I wanted to make this room special and different.”

I nodded in agreement.

“Seems like a great idea.”

“Yeah, and I wanted you to help me out. You seem to have fashion down better than me, so yeah,” he blushed. I laughed, taking another look at the room.

“We have a lot of work to do then.”

He nodded, pulling my hand away from the room.

“Where are we going this time?” I laughed.

ALEX’S POV

(hope you guys didn’t forget about him lol)

“She ruined everything!” I yelled.

“What did you do to her?” Martin asked. I smiled at him and he understood.

“So who are you gunna get to do your dirty work for you?” I shook my head.

“I’m doing it by myself,” I told him.

“Don’t trust people huh?” he smirked.

I nodded.

“Not even me?” he raised his eyebrows and pointed at himself.

“I know you Drake; you’re too close to the old man.”

He made a fake gasp and said, “Me?”

I nodded once again.

“And I don’t even know why you try so hard to suck up to him. He already knows your just pretending to like him.”

“Well you never know, and anyways what ever happened to that girl you told me about?”

I shrugged as I sat laid down on my soft bed. My eyes wondered around the white ceiling and I motioned for him to leave.

“I’m still having plans, so don’t try to steal her away from me,” I winked.

Drake let out a laugh and started heading out the door.

“Poor Kate,” he smirked before he turned away and left. I just laughed and thought of Adam and how his stupid plan crumbled up before him. At least now I have something to entertain me.

I picked up my phone from the black covers on the bed, waiting for the call. A few moments passed before it finally rang.

“Another meeting, but it’s about Adam this time.”

KATE’S POV

“Let’s get started,” Kevin smiled. I picked up a brush and dipped in into my favorite color, red.  The brush swept across the wall as I started to paint one side. Out of nowhere another color went over the one I had just done and I saw Kevin laugh. I smiled and took his orange painted brush and wrote my name on the wall.

“There, now you’ll know who helped you paint,” I smiled, “even though we barley didn’t paint anything yet.”

We both laughed and he wrote his name under mines.  We just started writing random things on the walls instead of really painting them.

“Oops,” Kevin ‘accidentally’ swept his brush across my cheek. I laughed and tried to do the same back to him, but he kept dodging.

Laughter filled the room but it got silent when there was a knock on the door. A girl with a servant uniform peeked in and said, “Sir, Mr. Brook is requesting to speak with you, immediately.”

Her soft voice floated across the room and I looked over at Kevin, who seemed to be thinking about something.

After a minute, he cleared his throat and looked at the door.

“I’ll be back in a second,” he reassured me with a blank expression. He let off waves of worry and anxiety as I watched him quietly leave.

I stood there, alone and confused. Who was Mr. Brook and why did it seem to bother him so much?

I sighed, putting down the brush on top of a lid when I saw something coming.

Kevin stepped inside the room, giving me a quick smile.

“I’ll try to hurry and come back as soon as I can, sorry I didn’t say a lot a second ago.” He kissed my forehead and ran back out.

I smiled to myself, happy that he had come back to apologize for leaving so suddenly.