chapter three

The door suddenly opened as a man poked his head into the door.

 “Sir, you have a call,” he said. He had blond hair, and you could kind of see he was wearing some kind of uniform.

“Okay, I’ll be right back Kate,” Kevin said as he stood up. He walked out the door and closed it behind him.

 I looked around the room some more and didn’t really notice anything else.

I sighed and looked back at the door. I hate waiting for things. As I waited some more, I started humming a song.

i eventually just started singing out loud.

"What are you waiting' for?
Say goodbye to my heart tonight
Oh, oh, I want some more
Oh, oh, what are you waiting' for?
Take a bite of my heart tonight
Oh oh, I want some more
Oh oh, what are you waiting' for?
What are you waiting' for?
Say goodbye to my heart tonight"

Once I had finished, I heard clapping.

 I turned around and saw that it was Kevin.

“I didn’t know you could sing,” he said, smirking. I knew my cheeks were probably really red.

“Shut up,” I said and turned around.

I must have not heard him come in.

 “I just wanted to tell you that I have to go somewhere, so I’ll have a servant escort you to a room you can wait in,” he told me.

“Okay,” I said, and walked over to the door.

“Please take her to the room,” Kevin told a guy who was wearing black dress pants and a white shirt. He kind of looked like a waiter.

 “Yes sir,” the guy said, and started walking. I followed him out the library, back to the entrance. He walked across the room, to the 5th door to the right.

 “This is where you’ll be waiting,” he said, opening the door. “

Thanks,” I said, stepping into the room. It was a bedroom that looked like it was 3 times bigger than my room. The guy closed the door as I admired the room.

There was a bed with blue covers on it, a walk in dresser, a bathroom, and the cabinets with a mirror on the top.

I had never been in a bedroom this big. I shook my head in amazement.

 “I guess if you have power, you get money too,” I mumbled to myself.

......

I opened the door and peeked out. There was some guards close by, just standing there.

I slipped out of the room and closed the door. I walked over to the library and walked in.

It still looked as big as before. I sighed and walked over to the books and pulled one out.

 “The chosen ones,” I read out loud.

“The chosen one is a ‘human’ with blood unlike any other human. Whoever drinks the chosen one’s blood shall become immortal. The chosen one is not immortal though, and nothing would happen to them if they drank their own blood,” I started.

“The chosen one is said to be very hard to find. Many people have searched for the chosen one, but since the chosen one is a mortal, it is very hard to find them. They blend in with other mortals so the chosen one might not even know what they are. The chosen one is known as the ‘white rabbit’ but there is also another chosen one. This other chosen one is known as the ‘black rabbit’. The black rabbit is a mortal too, but if someone drinks their blood, they will die. Even if the person drank the white rabbit’s blood, they would still die. It is known to be the only thing that will ‘cure’ the gift of life,” I read.