Chapter 4- The phantom detective

(I don't own the picture above so please don't try to sue me!)

Yume was ran around town on her run. There she saw a girl with long, silky brown hair and purple eyes. She wore a hat beret. She also wore a black leather jacket over a purple shirt and denim shorts over tights. She walked past Yume-with her hands in her pockets- looking uninterested.

**********

Yume was called to the headmaster's office that morning. She opened the door to see the girl turn to face her. She headed towards them and admired the girl's beauty. "Some witnesses say that you have been around the recent monster attacks. For your safety, I have hired a detective who will act as your bodyguard and try to solve the mystery behind this all," he told her.

The girl faced Yume. "I'm Kurotori Kotomi; nice to meet you. I hope we get along." She bowed.

Yume did the same. "Ah! I'm Nijino Yume! Nice to meet you too!"

The two excited the office and began to head out. "So, Kurotori- san, how old are you?" Yume asked, trying to make a conversation.

Kotomi was silent. "I just turned thirteen last week," she mumbled.

"Really? Happy Birthday!" Yume said. Kotomi said nothing. "So... That means you're a first year in middle school.  Are you allowed to skip school like this?"

"It's alright," she replied. "I enrolled myself into Four Star Academy so I'm not really missing anything." 

"Are you an idol?" Yume questioned. Kotomi shook her head from side to side. "I see..." The two walked silently to the S4 dorm. "Well, I was going to go train with my friends. Would you like to join us?"

**********

Yume wore her usual pink tracksuit while Kotomi wore a purple one, indicating that she was a sexy- type idol. The two headed towards an empty running track. 
There she met Mahiru, Koharu, Ako and Asumi. "Everyone this is Kurotori Kotomi. She's a detective who was hired to protect me," she introduced. "And this is song class first year, Harusaki Asumi."
"Nice to meet you," the two girls said in unison. The other girls began talking.
Kotomi faced Asumi. "Harusaki- san. According to my research. You have also appeared at the scene of the crime. Do you perhaps know anything?"

Asumi flinched "No! Of course not. I'm just regular first-year!"

Kotomi narrowed her eyes. "'Regular' makes it sound like you're not so regular. You know something, don't you?" 

Asumi began to tremble. However, they were interrupted by a loud voice. "Koto-chan!!!" Kotomi turned around slowly and froze at the sight of a boy with dark brown hair. He approached her and hugged her. Behind him, M4 followed. "Koto-chan! Nice to see you again! And you're wearing a tracksuit! Does that mean you changed your mind on being an idol?"

Kotomi broke free from the hug. "No. I'm not an idol. I'm a detective.  And so are you, Akito."
"You're no fun, Koto-chan! It wouldn't be so bad to be an idol and a detective. You could be an idol detective!" He turned to face M4. "What do you guys think?" They said nothing. "Oh! Right. You don't know each other. This is my childhood friend and partner, Kurotori Kotomi." She bowed.

" She bowed