Chapter 10- Race for the top

"Ahh. Nothing can be better. Subaru-kun is back, Yume-senpai is happy and I got to meet my idol, Shiratori-sama!" Asumi said.

"The Precure are also getting a lot of praise," said Kotomi as she scrolled through her phone. Suddenly she stopped. Words failed to leave her mouth as she read intensively.

"What's wrong?" Asumi asked. She walked back and read what was on Kotomi's phone. "No way! We need to go to Yume-senpai right now!"

**********

"Aikatsu! Aikatsu!" shouted Yume. She ran around the campus. She spotted M4 in the distance. "Hey!" she smiled as she approached them.

"Hello, Yume-chan," said Nozomu.

"Is it true that you were really upset when Subaru-kun was kidnapped?" Asahi asked. "Mahiru told me you were."

"Yup," she chirped. "It was strange not having him around.

"Really?" Kanata smirked as he nudged Subaru. Subaru scowled as his cheeks began to turn red.

"Yup. I realised that Subaru-kun isn't just a rival anymore."

"Wait, does that mean..." Nozomu began. He turned his attention to Subaru who was fully red.

"We're very good friends!" Yume finished. The rest of M4 tried to contain their laughter. "What's wrong?" she asked cluelessly.

"Nothing," replied Asahi.

"It's nice to see the four of you all together again," she said. "It almost makes me feel..."

"Lonely?" finished a familiar voice. Yume turned on her heel to see her rival standing in front of her. She held a suitcase, indicating that she had just returned.

"Laura!" screamed Yume as she hugged her. "What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm back!" she replied with a smile. "It's been a long four months and now I'm ready to challenge you again, Yume." She stepped back and pointed a finger at her. "Yume, I want to face you again! Will you except?"

Yume smiled, determined. "Of course!"

*********

"Thank you for coming!" said Mahiru. "After a long four months, Sakuraba Laura has returned!"

"And she's challenging our very own Nijino Yume!" Ako continued.

"I'm so excited for their performance!" Haruka went.

**********

"It's been a while since we performed together," smiled Yume.

"Yup," Laura smiled. "And I know that we both have grown a lot too." Laura held the Rocking Melody Coord in her hands while Yume held the Pure Ribbon Up coord. "Let's do this, Yume." Yume nodded.

"Sakuraba Laura, it's my time to shine!"

"Nijino Yume, ready to go!"