Chapter 3- The boy who knew

"Attack the planet, that's an order," said the dark figure to Ai and two other people.
"As you wish," went the small green goblin. He faced behind him. "Troops, attack!"

***********

Subaru was jogging early one morning. But he was thinking about the appearance of the Precure and how the pink one reminded him if Yume. Her voice, her smile, even the way she turns red was like Yume. Maybe he was just imagining it. The only way to be sure is to ask Yume. He stopped and sat down by a nearby tree. She dazed into the sky as he heard someone's voice.
"Subaru?" He looked up to see Yume next to him. "What are you doing here?" she asked getting closer and closer.
Subaru could feel his cheeks burn slightly. "Nothing..." he mum led as he turned away. "I've been meaning to ask you though, why did you run off when you heard the crash the other day?"
Yume froze at the question. "W-What are you talking about?"
"That day, when we went into town. You ran off. Why?" he asked wth a glare.
Yume hesitated, looking away. "Uh... Well, I... was... curious!"
Subaru stopped glaring. "Curious?" He began to laugh. "Who would be curious after such a loud crash?"
Yume turned red in anger. Then her phone chimed. She took it out and read the message. "Ah! I told Mahiru that I'd meet her to discuss our collaboration concert! I got to go! Bye Subaru!" She began to run off at lightning speed until something came out of the sky and hit the back of her head. Yume fell to the ground, face first.
Subaru stood up and ran toward the girl. He helped her up and noticed the little husky that sat at her feet. "Hello," it greeted.
Yume and Subaru froze. "D-Did that dog just speak?" Subaru asked, shocked.
Yume shook her head. "N-No way! It must be your imagination. Anyway, I'll just take this dog and find it a home..." She picked up the dog and ran if to the S4 dorm.

**********

Yume entered her room to be greeted by Sweet. "Welcome back!" The little koala froze at the sight of the husky.
"L-Leon?! What are you doing here!?" Sweet asked.
The dog jumped out of Yume's arms. "Our world is in peril. I was able to get out but... the queen was captured. She asked me to make sure that you aren't goofing around and actually find the Precure."
The koala stared angrily at Leon. "Me and Shine both found a Precure each. Is that good enough for you?" she asked sarcastically. "This is my partner, Nijino Yume."
He turned around to see Yume. "I'm Leon. Nice to meet you, top idol."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Nijino Yume. Please, call me Yume." Her phone chimed again. She checked it again. "Ah! I forgot! I have to get ready!" She rushed around the room getting ready. "I'll be back soon!" she shouted as she rushed out the door.
Sweet and Leon sat at Yume's desk and began to talk. "In this world, talking animals is not normal. If you talk in front of people, they may be really shocked and may reveal us," Sweet explained.
"I see..." Leon went. "So imagine I talked to someone before coming here, would that be bad?"
Sweet glared at him. "Who saw you talk?"
"Uh..." Leon backed away from the glare. "S-Subaru Yūki..."
"Oh," Sweet said in relief. "He's fine. But I need to tell you something about him." She leaned in closer to whisper in his ear. "He has a crush on Yume but she's very dense."
Leon smiled. "Knowing you, you probably want to make sure they end up together, right?"
"I've talked about it with Asumi, Shine's partner, but Shine is denser than a rock, just like Yume."
Leon sighed, "of course she is..."

**********

"So for the concert, we should use the Exotic Sunset coord and the the Sweet ange berry coord," Mahiru went.
"Yup!" Yume agreed.
Mahiru paused. "Hey Yume. Can I ask you something?" Yume looked up. "Those monsters. Do you know anything? Nee-san tells me that another monster appeared in the park the same day you went out. Apparently, you ran out of the cafe after hearing a loud crash.
Yume froze. "Yeah. I was curious. And scared."
Mahiru gave her a death glare. "But if you're scared, wouldn't you stay in a safe place?" she asked.
Yume said nothing. "Hehe. I guess that's true. I didn't think of it like that. But I just thought that I could help someone if they were injured by that loud crash."
Mahiru smiled softly, "That does seem like something you'd do. But still, you shouldn't go running off on your own."
"I wasn't on my own, Asumi was with me!" protested Yume.
"Asumi? As in Harusaki Asumi? The student who did that amazing live on the first day?" Mahiru asked. "She seems a lot like you. I still remember your first live; you collapsed straight after. But it sure was amazing."
"Yeah," Yume thought in her daze. "I've improved so much since then..."
"Speaking of improvement, how's your relationship with Subaru?" Mahiru asked, trying to hide her devilish grin.
"Good, why?" Yume asked, slightly tilting her head.
"So he's your fr-" began Mahiru.
"Rival," concluded Yume.
"Rival?" Mahiru said, blown away by Yume's reply. "That's way worse than being friendzoned. He got rival zoned!" she whispered to herself. She tried to contain her laughter.
"Are you okay?" Yume asked.
"Yup," Mahiru barely managed to say.
"Um... Mahiru-chan. You're clearly not okay, let me get a doctor."
"No! It's fine. We'll end the meeting there. Bye Yume."
"Uh... Bye?" When she was alone. Yume spoke, "What just happened?"