Ch. 40 "You And I Collide"

Start from the beginning

"Thank you!" I exclaim and laugh, my arms trailing up and down Kyle's back.

"But it's fine because you fixed both our problems," Kyle muses and glances back at Logan.

I take his hand in mine. "Will you dance with me?"

"It would be my honor, angel," he whispers and kisses me softly.

Collide by Howie Day is playing, one of my favorite songs.

Kyle places a hand on my waist, the other one still connected with my own. I place my hand where his shoulder and neck connect.

"You suck at dancing," he teases as I step on his foot for the seventh time.

"You suck at being a boyfriend," I mutter passive aggressively.

"Damn," he laughs, spinning me.

I smile as we reconnect, his head lowering to rest his forehead on my shoulder.

"I was only partially kidding," I say, my hands running through his blonde hair.

"Partially!" he exclaims and lifts his head back up to look at me in bewilderment. "I take that as a challenge!"

I laugh as he spins me again, pulling me closely to his chest. "I never took you for a dancer."

"I was a stripper, baby," he reminds huskily.

I blush and bury my head in his shoulder. "They teach you how to waltz?"

"I was taught a lot of things," he laughs and spins me out and back in smoothly. "I can show you some things."

I shake my head, biting my lip. "You need to slow down, big boy."

He laughs and dips me, his face slowly growing closer to mine. My heart is beating out of my chest, feeling like I'm falling in love all over again.

"You finally find," he sings the last verse softly against my lips, "you and I collide."

I connect our lips as the last strum of the song is played.

I completely forgot that we were in a house full of people until I heard the cheers from my friends. Blushing, I breakaway from the kiss with my arms still around Kyle.

The song change gets everyone dancing instead of gawking at our PDA.

Luke and Braden start grinding against me to the Pussycat Doll song, Buttons. I laugh, my hand still connected with Kyle's.

I see Logan talking to Kyle, the two laughing about something. It makes me sad that Kyle can't talk to his old friend with memories like Luke and Logan did. He has to pretend to be someone else.

Tonight was the perfect night.

The party ended and now I was sitting in my bed, Kyle's arms around my waist as we watch a movie on my laptop.

My dad and Laura and Frankie were at Laura's, so technically we were all alone.

But yet we still chose to just watch the comedy Zoolander with Ben Stiller.

Kyle laughs, "his versatile calendar!"

I giggle with my head rested on his chest. This movie is so stupid, it hurts.

Kyle seems to love it, so I let him keep watching. Plus, he looks really cute laughing at the stupidity.

I spend a lot of the time watching Kyle's face instead of the movie. It's kind of magical how beautiful he is.

I start drawing circles on his stomach, not able to pay attention to this movie. I've seen it before, since Peter loves it as well.

He let's out a girlish giggle and slaps my hand away. "It tickles!"