Ch. 40 "You And I Collide"

Start from the beginning

"Kyle?" Logan asks in shock. "Dude, I haven't seen you in-"

"I'm not Kyle," Kyle lies straight to his old friend's face. "Just kind of look like Kyle Blackburn."

"Kind of?" Logan laughs. "You could be his twin brother!"

"This is Clark Jordan," I introduce Kyle for himself, "he's my...friend."

"Friend?" Kyle challenges with a raised eyebrow and removes his arm from around my waist.

I smile innocently and turn to Logan again. We start conversing about random things. Luckily, Luke stuck around to keep the conversation casual when I'd freak out at the realization I was talking to Logan Lerman.

Kyle left after some point, and I felt sort of guilty. But c'mon! He would've done the same thing if we were talking to one of the Victoria Secret Angels.

"And then I was like 'dude, that's a hotdog!'," Luke laughs, finding himself way too funny.

The conversation is on Kyle Blackburn. It's intriguing, yet completely horrifying all at once. I've found out a lot about Kyle's party days.

"I remember once when we were playing beer pong and he-"

"Cass!" Braden interrupts, not allowing me to hear the rest of Logan's story. "Why haven't I seen you all-"

He stops short when he sees Logan, his eyes widening. Logan glances at Braden with a small smile.

"Hey," Logan says and waves.

Braden just lets out a high-pitched scream and runs away.

When my eyes look around in the direction Braden ran off in, I connect gazes with Kyle.

He's leaning against a wall, his arms crossed over his chest. A serious look of jealousy is on his face. It'd be a lot more sexy if he wasn't holding a juice box in his hand.

"I love you," I mouth with a huge smile.

He squints his eyes and lifts his hand to his ear and mouths, "what?"

"I love you," I repeat, signing the action now.

He holds his arms to his side in confusion, a smirk on his face. He then mouths, "but I'm just a friend."

I frown as he starts talking to some girl that goes to our school.

Trent and Emerson have now joined the conversation with Luke and Logan. I try to join in, but my mind keeps going back to Kyle.

He wouldn't cheat on me out of spite, right? That one night was a drunken mistake with Willow. It's not like he'd do it soberly.

My mind leads my feet to march straight over to Kyle and the laughing girl. I move her out of the way and cup Kyle's face in my hands before kissing him.

He kisses back immediately and wraps his arms around my waist to pull me closer.

"Hot damn!" Luke yells from across the room.

I smile into the kiss and pull away, looking into Kyle's eyes. He brushes his nose against mine sweetly.

"I love you," he finally says with a smile.

"Thank you," I laugh, glancing at the girl I might've accidentally shoved. "I'm sorry about that. Just a jealous girlfriend over here."

She laughs. "Don't worry. He wasn't flirting with me anyways."

"I asked her what I should do about my girlfriend who said I was her friend in front of Logan Lerman," Kyle explains.

"I told him to let you be a girl," the girl laughs.