Chapter 4: Meeting the Roommate & Getting to Know the Girlfriend

Louis’s POV

“Mr. Tomlinson, your girlfriend’s roommate is here.” the nurse informed me. I had been sitting in here, just looking at her and thinking for the past hour. I was quite confused when the nurse told me this on account of I called her mother…not her roommate. I stretched a little as I stood up and mentally prepared myself for this little introduction. A tall, stick thin girl with model like features entered the room. She had a mixture of emotions visible on her structured face. She seemed to be angry, confused and worried all at the same time. I could also tell she had been crying on the way here due to the redness under her eyes. As soon as the nurse left and we were left alone in the room, she finally spoke.

“Who the he-wait…I know you. You’re from that band, get directions or something! What the hell are you doing here? You’re not Paisley’s boyfriend!” she ranted on, oh so clearly pissed off at me. I let her finish the yelling and then I responded.

“First of all it’s called One Direction, my name is Louis Tomlinson and I know I’m not this girl’s boyfriend…” I informed her innocently. Her angriness seemed to rise and I became slightly nervous.

“Then why the hell did you tell the nurse and her mother that you are?! What even happened to her?!” she continued to interrogate me, as I stood there growing more and more scared. I could get in a lot of trouble for this. And I don’t want to sound like a total celebrity but I’d rather not be all over the tabloids for getting arrested.

“I panicked…we were both driving a little distracted, I think she might have been texting actually, and our cars collided. I woke up in the ambulance, and when I got here I wanted to know if she was alright or not, but the nurse wouldn’t have told me if I hadn’t told her I knew her personally. I felt obligated to…” I responded nervously, her face became a tad more relaxed but I could tell she was still steamed.

“Well it was awfully ‘sweet’ of you to do so but at the same time you’re a psycho.  You do realize I could probably press charges right? And you’re going to have to break the news to her mum when she arrives. And I’m not even going to lie…she will be upset.” She informed me, causing my stomach to sink. I knew this was going to turn into a sticky situation, but I think that’s an understatement.

“Now, there is no need to press charges. My telling the nurse that I’m her boyfriend didn’t hurt anyone now did it? And as far as her mother goes, why can’t I just pretend that I am…? At least for a little while. No one else needs to know, it can be our little secret.” I stated, being as charming as I possibly could be. Then I realized I never caught her name. “Oh how rude of me, what is your name love?” she sighed a bit before putting her hand out to shake my own.

“My name is Evelyn. And I suppose you’re right…but if this little plan of yours goes haywire I won’t stick around to help you out of it.” she informed me confidently. I let out a tiny sigh of relief and flashed her a weak smile.

“I understand. Now do you happen to know when her mother will get here?” I asked curiously, hoping I had a little time to spare.

“Maybe an hour and a half or so, why do you ask?” she questioned.

“Would you mind helping me out a bit?” I asked pleadingly. She had a confused look on her face.

“Help you how?” she asked in confusion.

“By telling me about Paisley…if I’m going to be her boyfriend I need to know things about her or it won’t seem realistic.” I informed her matter-of-factly.

“I suppose I can do that…” she responded hesitantly. We both took a seat next to Paisley’s bed, and she began to educate me on her friend.

“Her full name is Paisley Elizabeth Scott. She lives with me in our flat. She just took her GCSEs actually…that’s where she was going when she apparently got into this accident. Her birthday is November 10, 1992. She wants to be a vet tech. Her favorite movie is A Walk to Remember. Her favorite television show is American Horror Story. Her favorite color is purple. For reasons I don’t understand she loves country music and if I’m not mistaken she has a few of your bands’ songs on her iPod. The last boyfriend she had broke her heart, and she hasn’t had one since. Anything else you want to know?” she finally finished, and I sat there letting all of this information sink in. After I processed everything I managed to speak.

“Wow…um no I think that’s enough information. She seems like a great girl.” I said shyly.

“She is. Honestly she is the nicest person I have ever met.” she confessed. “Oh and if you fake break her heart, I’ll for real break your face. So I suggest you be good to her.” she informed me bitchily. I knew she wasn’t joking so I just nodded and played along. This will should be an interesting time. I just hope nothing goes wrong…

 ______________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello Love bugs! I know I haven’t updated this in forever, and for that I apologize! I also apologize for how shitty this chappie is. I promise you the next chapter will be loads better! Paisley’s mum comes into the story! I hope you liked this regardless and I hope you continue to read this as I update more! Pweeaaaasssseeeee comment/vote/fan! Love you guys.xx