Chapter 3: Boy-band Bickering & Lying to Nurses

Louis’ POV

“Shit Lou, what happened?” Niall asked as he eyed my stitches. I gave them a little eye roll before reassuring them that I was okay.

 “I’m fine, I told Liam that on the phone. Why are you guys so freaked out?” I asked in an annoyed tone, as I ran my fingers over the gash. It wasn’t nearly as bad as they were making it out to be.

“We told the photographer what happened and he postponed the shoot until next Friday.” Zayn informed me.

“Okay, I’m sorry I screwed this whole day up.” I admitted guiltily. This was a hoto shoot that Simon had to work really hard to get for us, and I went and did this.

“You didn’t screw it up. We’re still doing it; we’re just going to have to wait until next week to do so. And anyways, I’m sure it wasn’t your entire fault for the accident.” Harry said, trying to lighten the mood.

 “It wasn’t…the girl in the other car was texting or something. It was both of our faults.” I confessed, my mind focused back on that girl.

 “Oh, is she going to be alright?” Niall asked curiously. 

 “Not really sure…the nurse over there said she was rushed into surgery. But I’m not sure of the severity of her injuries.” I replied.

"Are you allowed to leave?" Zayn asked.

 “I mean I’m allowed to leave, but I sort of wanted to see how that girl’s surgery went…” I admitted, knowing they probably didn’t want to be stuck in a hospital for god knows how long.

 “Oh…well do you want us to stay?” Liam asked, basically telling me he wanted to leave. This was my situation not theirs, so I wasn’t about to keep them here for no reason.

“You guys can head home if you want to. There’s really no need for you to stay.” I informed them. They all looked relieved but concerned at the same time.

 “You sure you really want to stay Lou? You don’t even know this girl…I mean it’s great that you want to make sure she’s okay and all, but you’re not obligated to.” Harry reassured me. I knew what he was saying is true, but I felt like I needed to.

“I’m gonna stay. My mind is already made up.” 

 “Okay, well call us if you need anything.” Zayn said before they all turned back towards the exit. I breathed a sigh of relief when they were finally out of sight. I searched for the nurse that I had talked to earlier.

 When I finally spotted her across the E.R., I walked right over to her without hesitation.

“Excuse me, have you heard anything about that girl yet?” I asked anxiously.

"No, but I can call and check when she'll be out of surgery. How’s that sound?” she asked me with a smile. I nodded in approval and I waited for her to return with some news. A minute or two passed and she finally reproached me with somewhat of a weak smile on her face.

“So how is she?” I asked eagerly awaiting for an answer.

“I’m sorry love, but her surgery didn’t go too well. Do you know this girl personally?” she asked in a sympathetic tone. My mind was running in a thousand different directions, and I answered without thinking.

 “Yes. Yes I do.” I stated, not aware of how stupid I was acting at the moment. “I’m her boyfriend.”

“Oh, well then I’m sorry. Would you like to go in to see her?” she asked me, now sporting a look of pity. I nodded subconsciously, and followed her down the gray hallway and into one of the rooms.

“I’ll give you a minute alone with her.” she said, as she left; closing the door behind her. I stood there awkwardly, not quite knowing what to do. I looked at her; lying there looking completely unconscious. I couldn’t help but think I did this to her. Even with the cuts and scrapes on her face, she was beautiful. Light porcelain like skin, surrounded by long blonde hair. I could tell she’s one of those effortlessly pretty girls. I heard the steady beeping sound coming from the machines she was hooked up to, and in that moment I felt guilty for saying I knew her. I shouldn’t have lied. I shouldn’t be in here, when her real family has no clue that she’s even hurt.

That’s when I spotted her phone on the table beside her bed. I questioned myself for a moment; asking if I really wanted to do this or not. I reached for her phone with a shaky hand. When I finally gripped it in my hand, I scrolled through her contacts until I stumbled upon the name ‘mum’ I pressed call and waited as it rang. It repeatedly rang and rang until finally someone picked up on the other end.

“Hello? Sweetheart?” I stayed silent, my mouth suddenly becoming dry. “Paisley?” she continued to ask. Finally I spoke.

 “U-uh, um this isn’t Paisley. She was actually in a little accident; she’s at the London hospital.” I informed her, growing nervous with every word I said.

“What? Is she okay? Who is this?” she asked in a worried tone. I regretted ever doing this, she’s not gonna buy the whole ‘I’m her boyfriend’ bit.

“She’s not doing so well…you might want to come down here and see her. And…this is Louis Tomlinson. Her boyfriend.” I said, quickly becoming frightened. I know I’m not the smartest in the band, but I didn’t think I could be this dumb.

“Just like her to leave out news like this. I’ll be there as fast as I can.” she replied, surprising me. I guess she does believe that I’m her boyfriend. This little meeting should be interesting…

________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello Lovebugs! Sorry it took me so long to update this again, but here it is! What do you think is going to happen next? Do you think Louis was stupid for saying this? Pweeeaaaaassssssseeeeeee comment/vote/fan! Love you guys.xx