Chapter 8: Films, Shops & Truthful Interviews

Paisley’s POV

“So…” I said, breaking the lingering silence that was consuming the room. Neither of us had said a word since Evelyn had left the room. Louis seemed nervous…almost guilty even. Shouldn’t I be the one feeling uncomfortable about this whole ordeal?

“So, tell me about yourself.” he finally spoke, pulling a chair to the side of my bed. He took a seat and made himself as comfortable as he could get. I tried to think about what I should tell him and what I should leave out. My head was still throbbing; the doctor said that I would most likely have an ongoing headache for the next week. I fiddled with the tope colored knit hospital blanket, trying to just grasp this whole situation.

“Um, well obviously by now you know my name is Paisley Scott. Um, I’m 20; turning 21 in November. I’m not really sure what Evelyn told you about me so, is there anything else you’d like to know?” I asked kind of hoping he would let us move on to him. He took his bottom lip between his teeth, thinking.

“Favorite film?” he quizzed, an overly curiousness in his tone. I could tell he really wanted to get to know me, but he didn’t want to overdo it on the deep questions quite yet. He was keeping it simple, and I appreciated that.

“I’d have to say The Outsiders.”

His expression was that of shock, and quickly faded into a slightly disappointed one.

“What?” I asked innocently, wondering what his problem was with my choice of film.

“The Outsiders? Really?” he asked, seemingly amused.

“What do you mean ‘really’? It’s a classic! It’s a good read too, have you not read the book in school?” I asked quizzically.

“I had to read it in grade 8, it was so boring I just don’t understand how that can be your favorite.” He stated truthfully.

“I respect your honest opinion, but that’s my favorite and I’m sticking to it.”

“Well then I respect your choice,” he said. “I don’t agree with it, but I respect it.” He mumbled trying to keep me from hearing it but he failed terribly. I giggled at his statement and waited for another question.

“Alright, favorite shop?”

“Top Shop for sure.” I replied quickly, not having to think about it for even a moment. He was a little surprised at my speedy response.

“What?” I asked, “I really like shopping.” I admitted, receiving a chuckle from him.

“Well then I guess I’ll just have to take you fake shopping.” He suggested sarcastically.

“Nuh-uh buddy you’re taking me real shopping.” I said, half-joking through my giggles. He smiled at me, and I looked away realizing I was slightly blushing. “Next question.”

“Hm, let’s see. Now this is a serious question and I need you to answer honestly for me, can you do that?” he asked, his tone suddenly becoming stern and serious. I gulped, my nerves suddenly rising. I knew he would ask some personal questions at some point…I just hope I can answer him with the truth.

“Okay.” I said, waiting for him to continue.

“Do you…like One Direction?” he asked, his voice now mocking seriousness. I nonchalantly breathed a sigh of relief.

“Honestly? Kind of…I’ve only heard two songs by you guys but that’s about it.” I informed him, giving him nothing but the truth. His expression slightly faltered, and for a split second I thought I might have hurt his feelings. A few moments passed before a smile was back on his face.