Books and the Two of Us

It's a nice Friday morning in mid-October with cold air brushing against my skin. Not too cold. But enough to remind us that air is also around us. And now here I am walking through the railway station platforms like this is the first time I'm looking at the outer world.

Nope. It's not like that. After 18 years of living in Bradford, it feels nice to look at other places. Leeds Railway Station is a bit similar to Bradford Interchange. But still, I feel different. I feel like a free bird.

My best friends since childhood are Liam and Niall, from Wolverhampton and Ireland respectively. They moved to Bradford when we were ten. And from then on, they're my everything. I love everything about those two other than the fact that they're always eating each other's face, even in public. Yep! They're dating and NO! I'm not jealous. Maybe a little.

I'm just waiting for my Prince Charming, who loves me for me. Not for my body. My ex-boyfriend, Elliot Wilson just used me for sex, and it took me two years to realise. I should've considered Liam and Niall's warning, but my carelessness led to my heartbreak. And this Niam canoodling every now and then isn't helping my state of mind.

It's 11:00 now. Our train is to arrive in 15 minutes and here my little leprechaun is hungry that he did not stop whining throughout the journey from Bradford to Leeds. So Liam took his beloved boyfriend to a nearby cafe. I hope they'll make it before the train comes.

Thankfully there is an empty bench, so I quickly take that place. I thought I'm gonna stand on this place for forever. I set my bag aside and started reading 'The Fault in Our Stars' for God knows how many times now. What can I do? I'm hopelessly romantic and I'm always up for this cheesy shits like Niall says. It's a pleasure to get my heart broken by Gus.

A few minutes later I hear my little leprechaun's laugh, clearly. Even though that idiot is 20 feet away from me. He is laughing so hard about something, rolling his bag behind him on his right. And left hand shaking Liam softly for every word he says. Liam has his bag on his left and his right hand is gripping Niall's waist to hold him in a place. I don't think Liam is even listening to what Niall is saying. He is just admiring him with the warmest smile and eyes sparkling with love. Arghh, GOD!! Where can I get my Liam?

"We asked you to wait in the waiting room idiot." Niall exclaimed sitting beside me.

"Yeah... But you know I like open spaces." I shrugged.

"So we have 5 minutes. And then we'll get our train to our destination." Liam said sitting next to Niall. "Excited mate?" I sighed.

"So much, I can't even think of any words to describe my feeling now." I answered dreamily.

We three had a plan to get into the same college, if possible. We don't have a big dream or something, every one of us just dreams to be a teacher Even though Niall have a plan to run a cafe shop later. But for now, all three of us going to study at the same university, Oxford. We three literally had a heart attack when we got the acceptance letter. Liam acted like he got the letter from Hogwarts itself.

So the train to our dreams arrived and we departure from Leeds. Now here we're sitting on a three-seater compartment. Opposite to us are three empty seats with a small table/stand partitioning us. I don't want anyone to sit there throughout our journey. I don't want any disturbances, I already have two beside me. I started reading my book with my earphones on, I cannot bear to hear their moaning sounds, honestly.

It was all good for the first thirty minutes. No one took the opposite seats and I occasionally took a look at the outer world and it was nice. I don't think much of it. But now, we're stopping in the Doncaster station. I'm just praying no one should take that seats but, God has other plans.