Chapter 5

I wake up in Gellerts arms. The sun is streaming through the still open window. Bathilda is talking to someone at the door. 

"Aberforth!" What a surprise! What can I do for you?" Oh no. Today is  mothers funeral, I completely forgot. Aberforth is going to kill me for forgetting. I gently shake Gellert awake.

"Gellert, Gellert wake up," his eyelids slide open revealing his bright blue eyes. 

"What is it my dear?" My heart flutters a little bit at the term of endearment. Plus his golden hair is spread out on the pillow and he's looking up at me with eyes still filled with sleep. 

"Aberforth is at the door. He's looking for me and he'll be furious if he finds me here," I start to panic a little bit and I run my hands though my auburn hair.

"Hey hey hey, it's going to be okay," He sits up and places a gentle hand on my cheek. "Could you climb back out my window? You can start once they're both inside the house and then, Uh. When you're not inside your house or with me where would you go?" He asks. "Don't answer that just go there," I nod and slip out of his bed and pad over to the window. "Wait," I turn around and he gets out of bed as well and meets me in the middle of his floor. "I couldn't let you leave without a good bye kiss could I?" I blush and smile at him.

"I'm so glad that you didn't," I throw my arms around him and our lips crash together. I kiss him hard and fast hoping that Abe isn't here for me and I don't actually have to leave. It's merely wishful thinking.

I hear the front door shut below us and Gellert gently pushes me towards the window.

"Go," he whispers and I swing a leg out his window.

"I'll come find you this afternoon, I promise," Footsteps start climbing the stairs.

"Albus go, make haste. Neither of us want you to get caught," He begs me to be quicker. I find the trellises with my foot and swing my other leg out.

Bathilda knocks on the door with her knuckle.

"Gellert? Are you awake?" Bathilda asks.

"Go," He hisses at me and I look down at the ground and jump. The fall seems longer than what I thought and I fall to my knees at the impact. My knees and wrists sting and are definitely going to be bruised. I hear Gellert open his door.

"Yes I'm awake," he says, "is there a problem Aberforth?" He adresses my brother. I have to get out of here before Abe leaves to look elsewhere. I start running back home. When I get there I realize that  Aberforth must've seen my shoes by the door, so he definitely knows that I snuck out in the dead of night. I groan at the anticipation of having to come up with a lie that he'll believe. I hop over the back gate, still barefoot. 

Aberforth's favorite goat wanders up to me and bleats loudly hoping that I'll give her some food. 

"Hush, he can't know I'm here. And I don't have any food for you," I try to shoo her away. She gives me a disdainful look before leaving me alone. I run out to the old sycamore tree in the corner of the yard and climb up to the top. I get as comfortable as I can leaning against the trunk and sitting on one of the bigger branches. The only thing left to do is wait for Abe to find me.

It doesn't take him long to find me and stalk over to the base of the tree.

"Where have you been?" He shouts.

"I woke up early and couldn't sleep so I came out here to watch the sunrise," I lie.

"That's a lie and you know it, you snuck out to go see your little friend Gilbert. And don't try to lie, I heard you leave and you left your shoes here," his eyebrows are knit together and his arms are crossed. "I had to leave Ariana alone to go and find you, she could have gotten scared and hurt herself. You know that she can't be left alone!"