Chapter 3

I've begun spending all my time with Gellert, much to Aberforths despair. He drags me all around the town searching for family records and local history. It's like having a brother. Well, one that shares my interests. 

"Albus!" He shouts excitedly. I rush over to him. We had apparated to London to search for the Peverell name in any records. We're posing as distant relatives to some old Bulgarian  wizarding family. 

"Did you find something?" I ask excitedly as I rush over to him. He turns to me, gripping a file in his hands tightly. His eyes sparkle with excitement and a smile dances on his lips. It's another moment when I'm almost taken aback by how good looking he is.

"I found a Peverell! Iolanthe Peverell, married something guy named Hardwin Potter!" He exclaims. "The document doesn't mention any children, or if they had siblings, or anyone that the cloak could have gone to. But we found another family name to look for!"

"Is there any mention of Godric's hollow? Decedents of that family could still be there! The cloak could be right under our noses!"

"Albus you're a genius I could kiss you!" He puts his hands on my shoulders and he's practically bouncing with excitement. I feel my cheeks flush as my stomach spins around like a crazy elf. The moment was so short it felt like an eternity. He could kiss me. But he probably doesn't mean it, he's just really excited. Why do I even care if he means it? Boys don't kiss boys anyway. I don't want to kiss boys, more specifically I don't want to kiss anyone at all. Period. 

He takes his hands away too quickly and turns towards the books of old records. I try to think of something to say but my brain is foggy and I can't think straight. 

"Are you ok?" Gellert asks after a minute of silence."

"Yes," I say too quickly. I grab another record book and start looking for the 'P's. "Just, thinking" I see him look at me out of the corner of my eye. His bright blue eyes flashing with something that I couldn't name. I turn away and grab another book after finding nothing about any Potters. 

"Am I making you nervous again?" He asks softly. My breath hitches in my throats and I almost cough. 

"N-no, it's- I'm ok," I reach for yet another book to try and find any trace of any one with the surname Potter. I look over my shoulder at him and he's staring intently at his book. "Did you find another Potter?" I ask.

"No, but I did find something else." He scoots over to me and holds out the book to me. He points to a recent newspaper article.

"Gregorovitch?" I ask.

"He's a wand maker, I bought my first wand from him." He says. "The article says that people near his house had been hearing lots of explosions. He even said he was experimenting with a powerful wand," 

"The elder wand" we say at the same time.

"Do you think he still has it?" I ask, almost breathless.

"I don't know but I know he's still alive, so most likely. Everyone who had the wand died or was killed. If he was telling people and is still alive we might not have long before someone else steals it,"

"Where does he live? Do you think he has it in his house?" I'm now thinking about us traveling the world in search of the deathly hallows. I'd be out of this moldy old town. I'd be able to finally leave everything behind. I'd get to live, and with Gellert. I can't think of anything that I'd want more.

"He's located in Bulgaria. I know where his shop is," He meets my eyes. "we could go there now. Albus the elder wand is practically within our grasp!" He grabs my forearms and gazes straight into my eyes. He says nothing just stares in my eyes. "We could have a third of the hallows tonight," he whispers, his face mere inches from mine.