Chapter 2

Ciara's bow above
-------------------------------

2 months later

Ciara's POV
Merle and I have been on the road ever since we left Atlanta, never staying in one spot for too long. We had found myself a bow, knowing my pistol wasn't going to help that much. Merle and I had grown closer, I'd watch his back while he'd watch mine. Half the time we never even had conversations just a few nods and grunts, we always knew what the other meant.

"Do you even think Daryl is still alive?" Merle asked. Where had this come from, we never had talked about Daryl or my family.

I had to be carful about how I answered this, the last thing I needed was Merle to go storming off to who knows where. "I don't know Merle. It's a possibility, but we can't be sure. I mean we haven't found a single clue about him or your group from Atlanta."

"Should've known that's what you'd say." He scoffed.

"What's that suppose to mean!?" I yelled, coming to a stop.

As soon as I stopped Merle turned around and instantly got on my face. "It means that you don't give a shit about anyone! You never did and you never will! No wondered you got your fucking family killed!" He came to a sudden stop, processing what he just said. "Ciara I didn't mean-"

I cut him of as I punched him in the jaw. "I can't believe you fucking said that!" For once I didn't stop the tears that came to my eyes. At this point I didn't care what Merle saw me do. "Your just redneck trash, why the fuck would I ever car about you or Daryl!"

Merle was fuming, "What the hell did you just say you bitch." Merle said, surprisingly calm.

"You know what I said," I whispered. All of a sudden there was a sharp pain on my cheek, it took me a while to realize Merle slapped me across the face.

His face dropped, "C I didn't mean to-" By the time the words even left his mouth I had grabbed my pack and started running. It felt like hours, but finally I just couldn't be run anymore. I collapsed on the ground and started sobbing.

I don't know how long I was there, but after a while I heard foot steps. This was it I was going to get killed by some stupid walker. Just as I reached for my knife I heard Someone whisper, "C?" I knew it was Merle and instantly started sobbing again.

Merle came around the tree and sat down next to me, pulling me onto his lap. "I'm so sorry C, I don't know what happened." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was Merle Dixon actually apologizing to me.

"It's okay," I mumbled tucking my head into his neck. "Just try and get some sleep princess," said Merle. "I'll watch out for you."

Just as I was dozing off I swear I heard Merle say, "I always have."