-Chapter 49.

**Seth Lee Davidson**

Any real father's heart would skip a few beats when they hear their child was hurt or in danger...which is exactly what my heart did as soon as the words left Neveah's mouth.
"Hey, buttheads? Your uncle Jay is on his way here, bet if you ask him real nicely...he'll take ya'll to feed the ducks. How's that? Be better then hanging out in the hospital with your ole Papaw, huh?"

"You going to be okay, Papaw?" MayMae asked.

"Of course I am, baby. Your Granddaddy is tough as nails. When they let me out of here? I'll meet up with ya'll...how's that?"

"Okay."

"We can watch Ninja Turtles and eat cookies, Papaw!" Dallas smiled.

"Damn right, little man!"

About that time Jay came strolling in. "How's the old man?"

"Papaw said if we asked nicely, we can go to the park!"

Jay raised his brow, "Oh, yeah? That right?"

Clearing my throat, I got his attention. "Lights out, Jay."

Pretty sure we all heard the, "Oh, shit" he mumbled to himself just then. "Well, what do ya'll say we ditch the old guy and go have some fun?"

"YEAH!" both kids hollered at once.

Neveah followed them out to help get the kids all set and fill Jay in as well, I'm sure.

**Neveah Lynne Rain**

"Hey, Unk...you gotta booster seat for little man?"

"Noooo! No, I big boy, Tee-Tee!" Dally whined.

"Sorry, buddy...it's the law. Uncle Jay will get in trouble if you're not in a seat, kiddo."

Dallas pouted and crossed his little arms, Jay just ruffled his hair and told him, it'd be okay.

Turns out he did have one in the bed of his truck for situations just like this. Dallas still wasn't too happy about having to use it when I strapped him in it, but he'd get over it.

As soon as we got both kids settled into the backseat, Unk closed the door and pulled me to the back of the truck, "What happened, Vee? Is she okay?"

"I don't know what happened, I turned the corner and saw her fall. She was holding her head...so my best guess is she blacked out...how bad? I don't know. A nurse helped me get her a bed and I left to get the kids and go tell dad. Then you showed up."

"Jesus! These damn doctors need to figure out why this shit keeps happening to her! She can't keep living like this."

"I know...I know, Unk. Trust me...I feel the same way."

Unk adjusted his ball cap and let out a heavy sigh. "Keep me updated.

"You know it."

With a hug goodbye, he got in the truck with a fake smile and drove off.

When I got back to Pops room, he had gotten dressed and forced himself into a sitting position, he was in the middle of putting on his shirt when I walked through the door.

"Where is she?" was the very first thing he said to me when he saw me.

"They gave me a room number..."

"Lets go..."

There was no sense in arguing that he probably shouldn't be getting out of bed right now, there was no way in hell he was gonna listen to me right now.