-Chapter 29-

I flinched before I even knew the medicine was coming. The first drop fell shortly after I felt his arm move. There were tears in my eyes by the time the last drop fell from the dropper and the pain began to subside. Kells said nothing as we sat there in silence for awhile as the ear drops did their thing. After about ten minutes he was the one to break the ice...
"You okay now?" the medicine must have been kicking in now because I could just make out his words, though he sounded way far away.
"Yeah. Thank you so much."
"No problem. What was that though?"
Truth be told I didn't really know why that happened to me and I'm not sure my so called doctors did either. Me, my family, the doctors, all figure it was because of the hearing loss. The pain was its way of letting me know that I was once again losing more and more of my hearing. But how do I explain all that without making him more confused than he already is?
Slowly I pushed myself up, still a little shaken by the earache. "Ugh. How bout I show you?"

Scooting myself to the end of the bed, I gather up my jeans from last night that for the life of me I couldn't seem to remember to put back in my bag. Reaching into the left pocket I took out both of my hearing aids. I was hesitant for a moment or two before I scooted back over to where he still sat. Before I lost the nerve to do it, I laid my head back into his lap and pulled my hair away from my ear.
One much needed deep breath then I held my hand out to him. "This one..." I picked up the old one and fit it to my ear. "This one is the most comfortable. This one..." I said as I lifted the newer hearing aid up for him to see. "...is a new one my doctors want me to wear. Supposed to feel like it isn't even there or some shit like that."
K didn't say much but after sometime I felt his finger tracing around my ear.
"Say something, please?"
"Um, so...don't take this the wrong way...but...are you deaf?"
I smiled despite the question, after all he wasn't the first to ask and he won't be the last. "Deaf? No. I'm what is called hard of hearing. I hear fine in my left ear, but my right is other story. According to doctors sooner or later I'll lose all hearing in my right ear. I'm supposed to be wearing my hearing aids all the time but..."
"Were you born like that?"
"Nah. Remember that foster dad I was telling you about?"
As if to answer my question his hand slid down my bare back and rested on the scars that will forever linger there.
"Another gift from him."
"Damn."
"My life sucked for the longest. That's why I cherish everything I do have now. Even if it is just some tall, skinny ass, rapper, covered in tattoos." Just to add to my words I traced the pot leaf inked into his kneecap with my fingertip.
My reward was a soft kiss to the temple. I knew he was way out of his element with this soft and gentle shit but I loved that he was willing to try, even if it was just to prove that he could do it. With a smile on my lips, I flipped back onto my back, placing one arm around my chest and the other around his neck, I brought him face to face with me.

(Kells)

I let her pull me into the kiss.
"Feeling any better?"
"Much, thank you." she smiled.
"No problem." I whispered against her lips.
I let my hands slide up and down her exposed sides and watched as her eyes fluttered closed as the touch. Figured it could be my way of letting her know I was ready if she was. I almost didn't catch the slight nod she gave as she bit her lower lip. Looks like I wasn't the only one still in the mood. Harley's arm was still covering her chest so I slid my hand under and cupped her right boob, the arm fell away after that.
"I can't do shit sitting like this..." I smirked.
It seemed like at soon as that shit was out my mouth she had me straddled. "Ah, now this? This I can work with!"