-Chapter 42-

After my name was called an officer I didn't recognise walked up to the cell-door and started barking information without even a 'hello'..."You are free to go. We called your P.O he wants you in his office first thing when you get back to Ohio."
I didn't say a word as I stepped forward when I heard the click of the cell door and he nodded the okay. I waited for him to reach for my arm, before I turned around for him to undo the cuffs.
Me and the boys followed him up to the entrance area where I was told to get my things and sign my release paperwork.

Pretty soon we were all headed for the door when something told me to check my wallet and make sure everything was still there.
I stopped so suddenly that Dub accidentally bumped into me.
"What's up?" Dub asked.
"You gotta be kidding me...these bitches took my money out my damn wallet, man!" Looking around I saw Dickenson looking at me through his office window.
I was about to give his fat fucking ass a piece of my mind when someone grabbed me by my arm and dragged me towards the door.
"Let it go. I got you a free pass, man...don't make me regret that shit." K said, as he pretty much shoved me through the door.
Yanking away from his hold, I told him, "I didn't ask you to do that shit. You came here on your own, I didn't call you. I ain't saying I ain't thankful that you did, cause I am. Lord only fucking knows how long I be here if you didn't show up. But them fuckers just took 256 dollars out of my fucking wallet!"
Kells let me rant like it was no big deal, it's like he knew I didn't mean shit that came out my mouth just then...I just needed to vent.
"You done?" he laughed.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. It's been a rough couple of days. I know I owe you, but I really need to get back to the hospital. It was real nice seeing you guys again. Slim, Dub...tell Vee I said thanks too." I apologised before I started to walk away.

I hadn't even got ten steps away before I heard..."Aye wait!"
I turned.
"How far is the hospital?"
"Um? Couple blocks, at best."
"Me and the boys can give you a lift, It be faster."
"I appreciate it, but that's okay."
"Come on now, I just lied my ass off to spring you. You owe me, remember?" he smiled and I knew I couldn't just walk away.
"Alright, ya'll can give me a lift." I smiled back.
"Sweet. Come on." Kells threw his arm around my shoulders and walked me back towards the parking lot.
Kells tossed Slim the keys as we made it to their big black SUV. Worry grabbed ahold of me as I went to get into the backseat. All I could think about was Devaughntae...
Was he stable?
Did he go for surgery yet?
Was he strong enough to pull through?
I'd been gone so long I don't even remember how old he was. I did know however, he was way too damn young to die.

"Aye you alright?"
I came to, to Kells' hand on my arm, bending down to try and see into my eyes.
"Um, yeah. Just thinking bout my baby bro..." I told him, as I shook out of my daze and got into the car. After telling Slim which way to turn when he pulled out the lot, I tried to sit back and relax. K decided to take up the seat beside me, leaving Dub the passenger seat.
"So, management, huh?" I nudged him in the ribs.
"Dude, I had no fucking idea what I was gonna tell the mothafucka. I just got to thinking bout the tour we about to be on and all the shit we working on now, management seemed like the way to go."
"Right...so what I gotta do to make it up to you?"
"Shiiiittt! Just stay outta trouble!" he laughed.
"I had a feeling on the way here I was gonna end up in cuffs. Just didn't think it happen so quick. Aye, Slim G? Take a right at the next light."
"Well, for what it's worth, I hope your bro pulls through."
"He's a tough little dude! I'm really surprised he remembers my ass. He was still in diapers when I left."
"How could anybody forget you?...Aye, how's your hand?"
"Mmm..." I looked at my left hand, bruised and broken looking. "It was fine until yesterday."
"Ya ass pop out any knuckles this time?" he joked.
"I don't know. You tell me, wild boy!" I laid my hand across his thigh.
"Mm? Does that hurt?" he asked, as he pressed slightly down on one knuckle.
"A little, not too much though."
"I think a couple maybe dislocated, but you're good this time around, slugger." he laughed.
I expected him to let go of my hand then but he didn't...instead he interlocked our fingers and stared out the window.