Prologue

Hi, my name is Veronica and I'm 21 and I'm in college for video editing. I am currently living in Indiana, where I grew up with my best friend, Carson. We have been inseparable since pre-k which created a bond that could not be broken. We grew up always telling each other our deepest darkest secrets to one another. Growing up this close it was inevitable that one of us would fall for the other, it was the summer before our sophomore year. I had the biggest crush on him for a while. On a cool summer night and it was me, Carson, and a few of our friends, we were having a bonfire and one by one our friends went back inside to go to sleep until it was just me and Carson. I decided this was the perfect time to just do it. Carson just had made some stupid joke and I laughed along with him once our laughter subsided we looked at each other and I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned in when I noticed he had started to lean in as well. Our lips met and I was over the moon happy. We pulled away a few seconds later it was a blissful moment, from that moment on we dated up until halfway through that school year. It was a mutual break up, we did not work well as a couple, we worked better as best friends.

When we finally graduated at the ripe age of 18 and I had no idea what I was going to do, Carson on the other hand had decided he was going to college for media communication. I eventually went my first year undecided. After our first year of college Carson had decided to drop out to fully commit to his YouTube career. At the beginning of my sophomore year I finally decided my major, video editing since I had also started a YouTube after I had helped Carson edit his videos and I found it really enjoyable. During that year Carson had also moved out to California and shared a house with our friends, Cooper, Travis, Schlatt, Charlie, Ted, and Noah. A little bit after Carson moved into the house they came up with this idea that we should have a Minecraft server where you had to be live while playing on the server and named it SMPLive. This is where I got closer with the guys especially getting along with Cooper and Travis, us three along with Schlatt would create utter mayhem on the serve, doing a bunch of pranks on people any time the opportunity arose.

When SMPLive was put to rest (rest in peace) I had just finished my first semester of my Junior year. During that Christmas break in between the first and second semester I had grown closer to Cooper. Anytime I streamed he would typically accompany me as we more than likely played Stardew Valley. After every stream we did together we would stay on the discord call and just talk for at least an hour but it was typically three hours that we would talk. So I had got significantly closer to him than I did with the rest of the guys

One night I had sat down at my desk and did my homework, after I was done with my homework I messaged Cooper and Travis if they were down to play some Stardew Valley earning a hell yeah from cooper and a heck yeah from Travis. I smiled at their messages and went to twitter tweeting out that I was about to go live with some more Stardew Valley with Cooper and Travis, instantly getting likes and a few retweets. I got a text from Schlatt asking if he could join just to chat because he had nothing better to do. I asked Cooper and Travis if that was alright with them and they were completely fine with that so I messaged Schlatt back saying it was fine.

I went live putting on the starting soon screen, I went to my mini fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before I went back to my desk chair and switched the screen to my face. "Hey guys! How's everybody been today?" I say as I watch people flood the chats with their various responses on how their day has been. "Well as many of you know, if you saw my tweet I'm being joined by Travis, Cooper, and a special surprise that came out of the blue, Schlatt. " I say as I get on discord adding the guys to a discord call. Schlatt answers first with his funny mic causing me to throw my head set off quickly, I hear Schlatt's laugh coming out of my headphones while they were still off my head. I wait until I can't hear Schlatt laugh anymore before returning my headphones back on my head. "Thank you Schlatt '' I said, earning a chuckle from Schlatt as the other two boys joined in saying hello.

The stream had been going swimmingly until I said, "I think I'm gonna try to marry Sam" "Sam...? You could just marry Cooper, it's practically the same thing" Travis states, starting to giggle at his statement which caused Schlatt to join in Travis laughter. This made my cheeks get hot, Travis knew that I've liked Cooper for a while now. I look over at chat reading comments like, 'aww shes blushing', 'verooper', and 'omfgg they should get together'. "I agree, Veronica, why don't you marry me, I'm much better than Sam" Cooper said, chuckling along with the boys, making me laugh along with them to not sound suspicious. Once we all calmed down I looked at the time and yawned, "thank you guys for coming out to watch my stream, its getting late and I think I'mma end it here" I say waving at the screen as I ended the stream.

I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding, "what a stream" I said as the guys agreed. "I think I'mma head out, I got some shit to edit" Schlatt said saying his goodbye before leaving "I think I'm gonna go too, I'm a tired" Travis added and then also leaving. There was a weighted silence once the two left until Cooper broke the silence first, "Hey, I wanna say I was just kidding earlier. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I was a little flustered." "Nononono, your fine Cooper, I just didn't expect that out of the blue," I chuckle "And who knows maybe I do want to marry you" I said in a joking matter, but on the inside I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach at just the thought of holding Coopers hand. "Okay, I just wanted to make sure you're all good, I got some vods to edit as well, you have a good night Veronica!" Cooper then left the discord call as I let out a scream, jumping on my bed. Wow. This boy has got me fucked up.

1222 Words

Author Note: This is the first time I've written a story since 2016 so don't be too harsh on me, but I welcome constructive criticism. Also if you find any grammatical errors or any other error,  just shoot me a message and I will fix the errors :) I'm gonna try to update semi consistently, but no promises. Anyway I hope you enjoy Intractable.

Another author note after original post: I hadn't heard about the whole drama until after I've already put a lot of  time and effort on this work. So I am going to post what I already have so far and after that I'll go from there what I want to do with this fan fiction. If you don't like it, don't read it.