thirteen

irl:

cindy stepped out of her car, closing the door and locking it. she walked a little slower than normal, making her way through the door and up the stairs towards rudy's apartment. as she approached his door, many thoughts were in her head. maybe he just wanted some company and someone to talk to? or maybe he really did invite her there with the intent to talk about them.

she knocked on the door and waited with her right hand in the pocket of her sweat pants. rudy opened the door and looked at her for a split second before speaking

"hey, cin."

"hi, rudy," cindy said as she walked under his arm that was holding the door and into his apartment. she immediately walked towards the couch, seeing tallulah sitting there.

"hey baby!" cindy exclaimed as she picked up her puppy and kissed her on the head. rudy laughed and shut the door, walking over towards the couch as well, grabbing a cup of water that was sitting on the counter on the way. cindy smiled at rudy as he sat down next to her, their knees brushing against each other. cindy held tallulah in her lap as she spoke up,

"should i be mentally preparing myself right now for whatever it is you're going to say?"

rudy laughed slightly, "i don't know, i guess that depends on how you feel about it."

"well go on then, what's up?" cindy asked with a nudge to his knee.

"i actually have no idea where to start," he said while searching her eyes, hoping that they would somehow give him the words to speak, "i know what i want to say and i know what i feel. i think you know what i'm talking about but i don't want to be wrong and over step my boundaries."

she was right, he invited her to talk about them. their feelings.

"i- yeah, i think i know," cindy looked towards the wall and then back in his eyes.

"fuck, um well i know that i feel something for you. something that isn't just platonic and i hope, i really hope you do as well and i'm not misreading our relationship," he quickly said the words that they've been thinking for so long.

cindy bit her lip in thought, causing rudy to glance down at them. she broke eye contact with him and began,
"i guess i always just saw us as both having flirty personalities...friends with flirty personalities. but i would be lying if i said i never thought about you in a different way than just friends."

"we've never been 'just friends', cin. at least i didn't feel that way and i don't think any of our friends saw us as that way."

he glanced down at her lips once again.

"okay," cindy spoke.

"okay? that's all you could find to say in that pretty head of yours," rudy scoffed playfully.

"yeah, okay. let's do it then, let's be more."

rudy raised his eye brows in a surprised fashion. it's not that he never thought she would want to be with him, more of the fact that she got to the point so quickly, "really?"

"yeah let's be together, let's try it. i mean shit, i don't know what even took us so long," cindy shrugged.

"i'm assuming tallulah would love to see her parents together," rudy picked her up out of cindys hand and into the air, "isn't that right? what are your thoughts, lu?"

cindy looked at him with her jaw dropped open in shock. this caused rudy to furrow is eyebrows at her and ask a quick 'what'.

"you've never called her tallulah before," she poked his side, "i knew you loved that name."

"i said marty."

"no u did not, tallulah and i both heard u loud and clear," cindy pointed towards the dog as she climbed off rudy's lap and towards her water bowl.

rudy looked at her smile, the smile he never could ever get tired of seeing. he put his hand up towards the right side of her face and turned her head towards him. her smiled didn't fade a bit until she started to lean in and press her lips to his. both of them engrossed in the kiss, wanting to feel every feeling of this experience they've each been waiting for.

------------------------
well shit, they're together now. we love to see it. thank u for reading ;)