Four - Two Truths

Singa gripped his blanket, collapsing back onto his bed.

     This was so confusing....

     Why?

     Welp, he had asked for it when the merlion came...

     Singa got back on his feet and opened the blinds. Same traffic. Same bustling.

     He was getting sick of this already.

     'Those days...' Singa's mind whirled 'Were repeating themselves over again...' 

     'So...18 June...is the future?'

     'But what if i can't save all of them?'

     'Will i be stuck here forever?'

     Singa shook his head. This wasn't the time to think about this...

     Now, who died...

     Singa turned around and walked to a wall. Somehow, staring at a blank surface helped his mind slow down and properly process the situation.

     'Who was dead in the call...'

      Singa spotted a notepad on his side table. He rushed over and pulled out the pen that he always kept in his pocket. He scribbled the names down hastily.

- 𝘉𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘪

-  𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘪

- 𝘔𝘺𝘢𝘯𝘮𝘢𝘳

- 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘢

- 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘺

     "Now, who's missing." Singa murmured, clicking his pen again and again.

     He scribbled down the names.

- 𝘓𝘢𝘰𝘴

- 𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘰

- 𝘈𝘚𝘌𝘈𝘕

      ...Anddd

- 𝘗𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘱

- 𝘝𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘯𝘢𝘮

     They're both okay, at least, in a better situation than the others were.

     Singa stared at the note. He folded it and slipped it into his pocket.

     He was going to need it.

**********

    "Hey, Malay, where are you going?" Singa asked. 

     He had returned to the café and had had the exact same conversation with Malay.

     Now...

     He had to figure out how Malay had died.

     "Sure!" Malay's coldness disappeared. "I'm going to the stall across the street."

     "Alrighty." Singa smiled.

     Singa got up and allowed himself to be led out of the café by Malaysia.

     'What could go wrong?'

     Malay stopped at the traffic light, and Singa halted beside him.

    There was a cluster of unrecognizable countries gathered at the traffic light, waiting for the red light to turn green. Some of them nodded at Singa and Malay. They returned the gesture.

     The red light ceased from yellow to it's familiar bright green.

     The crowd charged forward, while Malay and Singa trailed at the back.