Chapter 115 - I didn't know I was blind

Start from the beginning

"Well said, boss!" The man with the knife grinned, slashing at Midoriya again, "Trust me, kid. I have a quirk that lets me turn machinery into bombs! I've been trying to hide my quirk my entire life, just so that I can get by, but once my quirk came out, I got fired. Over and over and over; no matter what I do, even suppressing my quirk doesn't do anything! You can be the purest person in the world, and everyone would judge you based on your quirk."

Midoriya parried the knife away, and knocked the knife out of the villain's hand, but he had no choice but to jump back as another air bullet flew past his neck. Midoriya growled, and the villain pushed himself to his feet, grabbing his knife and lunged at Midoriya again.

Midoriya swiftly dodged the knife, and smacked his bracer into the back of the villain's neck, knocking him out.

Uwabami had been doing a good job dodging Serpenta's attacks, and tried to retaliate with a few good kicks, but the villain was fast, and easily evaded her attacks.

The pro hero let out a yelp and fell to the ground as Serpenta finally managed to graze her arm with the yellow cobra, and the villain was just about to attack the downed pro hero when Midoriya tackled Serpenta away.

"Yellow causes paralysis!" Uwabami gasped, as Serpenta pushed herself up and lunged again, turning the yellow cobra into a red cobra, its fangs growing out to a ridiculous length.

So that's what red does. So yellow causes paralysis, green spits out acid, purple is poison, and white causes blindness. If she has snakes of secondary colours like green and purple, then she most likely also has a snake that is orange in colour. I'll have to look out for that.

"Police are here, fam!" Utsushimi yelled, running back towards the fight, "They're detaining the villains!"

Midoriya waved at Uwabami, before using his knife to deflect Serpenta's red cobra, and Utsushimi immediately nodded, rushing over and dragging Uwabami away so that Midoriya wouldn't have to worry about her.

Midoriya parried away Seroenta's fangs, before the villain jumped back, morphing one hand into a orange cobra, and the other into a green one.

The greenette jumped aside as green acid flew past his face, and twisted hastily to dodge two more air bullets, giving Serpenta the perfect opportunity to sink the fangs of the orange cobra right into his arm.

Midoriya bit his lip, and yanked his arm away from Serpenta, stumbling away, slightly dizzy, and the villain just smirked at him.

"Listen to me, little hero... turn around..."

Midoriya could vaguely tell that the villain was talking, but her voice just seemed to reverberate inside his head, echoing about, alluring him to obey.

The green haired boy found himself wanting to turn around, and stopped himself in time.

"Go on... hurt those heroes... go on, child... you're quirkless... you know our plight..."

The urge to obey grew stronger, but Midoriya refused to give into that urge, despite how right it felt. It was like she was brainwashing him -

Pain .

The effects of Shinsou's Brainwashing quirk could be countered by using pain. Sure, Shinsou's quirk wasn't exactly brainwashing, but the effects were rather similar. Shinsou's quirk forced others to listen to him, but Serpenta's quirk just seemed to urge her victims along, slowly telling them that what she was saying was right and that they should obey her.

Midoriya's never been under the effects of Brainwashing before, but he would assume that it would be much easier to snap out of her quirk compared to Shinsou's.